Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anichebe ( 73rd Min Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McFadden ( 85th Min Sub )

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chico, nice to see someone agreeing with me over Horne. We took the champions to 83 minutes without conceding, and all he did was briefly praise Baines, but it sounded like he couldn't wait to finish talking about him before he could slaver over United's defence.

[Poor language removed] off Horne, will you please???

I thought Baines was excellent, very good going foreward and an excellent first touch. I can't recall Ronaldo getting past him once, most defenders don't get a tackle on him, ever.

To be honest, I can see Moyes' reasoning on the subs.

We're in a hard match where we are coming off slightly worse in possession. So you don't want to leave yourself open. But you still want to put more impetus on attack.

Since you've got like-for-like subs on the bench, who do you take off? Arteta (???), Osman (Pienaar), Yakubu (Vic) or AJ (Faddy). Osman sounded like the one who was having the least direct effect on the match. McFadden suffers from the fact that he is behind AJ as a "small forward" and he has made it plain that he doesn't relish playing wide midfield in the past.

Once we were down there is no reason not to bring him on for a defensive midfielder, since we might as well run the risk of losing a second.

But we still should never play Neville against Utd again.

It was one of those games where one goal would decide it. Thought the ref had a [Poor language removed] game, gave so many decisions against us. McFaddens first touch was an incredible shot and I really think he should have come on for Yakubu instead of Anichebe.

Unlucky blues

And Gravesen.

I can understand 2 of Moyes's substitutions.. but I can't understand why he substituted Yak-Anichebe instead of AJ-McFadden when he did his double.

The only reason (and its a poor reason) I can think of is he opted for Anichebes strength to hold the ball up and psychical presence.

I was baffled when Moyes did the same against Bolton but put the reason down to what I have just said.

As I said on here throughout the entire second half, McFadden should have been put on a lot earlier and i'll be surprised if he doesn't start vs Metalist.

Well I think the reason why he is not so candid with his McFadden selection is because in general he has been a bag of crap for Everton, apart from the odd wonder goal his general performances have not been legendary.

Saying that, Anichebe offers nothing to the cause, god we need Vaughan back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back