Everton Vs Reading - 01/03/11 - 7.30pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only counted two chances to be honest - Coleman's header and Osman's late on. The first coming from an Osman cross from the left, the second from a Baines corner.

The bold bit is what Bily does constantly. He just seems constantly dazed to me, like he's just got off a plane and is suffering from jetlag.

He also made the cross to Arteta which the goalkeeper had to come out for, could have easily went wrong.

And i just think Bily is a confidence player, and at the moment with every fan blaming him for everything, he just isnt confident

Can I suggest you channel that disdain for them and do what any sane thinking man would do: install a spy cam in their bathroom and get in linked up to here.

That'll teach them, then they'll learn.

Send me the money for the spy cameras, plus a monthly fee and ill see what i can do!

Seriously, Anichebe's introduction was a real shocker at half time. There and then Moyes said stuff it, the patient approach is not working so we'll just lump it long and hope we get the rub of the green off a flick on. The problem is that despite his physique, Anichebe doesn't win no where near enough the headers that he should. I only remember him winning two aerial battles. In addition to this, his tendency to move in field only played into Reading's hands as they had stacked the central areas. He also managed to take up Saha and Beckford's space. Coleman has looked jaded the last few weeks so I understand Moyes taking him off. Bily on the right would of at least touched the sideline and whipped in a good inswinging ball or cut in field and cracked a shot on goal with his 'strong foot' , something that Anichebe doesn't have in his locker. Whilst i'm at it, what's up with Pip's dinked ball up the line and floated left-foot crosses into the box...they are bloody awful!

Last edited:

To make my night even worse i just stood on a plug.

Just quickly about the Subsitutions...

...Beckford fair enough, something was wrong in the first half, but we still played ok, so fair enough.
Anichebe, well he hasnt played well the past few matches, dire would be a better suited word, and fair enough as a last ditch attempt to score, but at half time?? To replace a very good player in Coleman or a very good attacker in Bily? That was an awful decision.

Baxter annoyed me to, why did he come on? He came on for 5 minutes and went to right back, and what was even worse, rather than make the sub when reading was making theres, Moyes wasted our own time and brought him on later. Why did he even wait another 5 minutes to put him on?

The only good thing about that match was Reading...and Nevilles professionalism coming off the pitch on the other side of the pitch

Think that about sums it up then. Agreed.

Saw from about the 55min mark. Depressing to say the least. Beckford looked OK from that point and should have got an assist if it wasn't for the keepers great save. This match did kind of worry me given our failures against teams below us, its funny our only good FA cup run in a long time was when we had to go through Liverpool, Man Utd and Villa maybe we'd have been better if we drew Arsenal or Man City.

Anichebe, my god was he was terrible. He falls like a sack of bricks every time there is a 50-50 header. No wonder he doesn't any calls. I'd like to give his agent a hug for convincing him to turn down 30K a week from us. Probably isn't worth 10K/week.

At least the fans we able to clap off one team. From the guardian.co.uk

"I like it up here," said the Reading manager, who was a caretaker seeking permanent employment when he triumphed at Anfield last January. "To get clapped off not just by our own fans but by the Everton supporters is a great feeling and something I will never forget." Goodison's applause, along with its condemnation of the home side, was thoroughly merited.

Hopefully Reading could find a way to win this thing.

Last edited:

I am so p!ssed off, I will not be buying my season ticket on the basis of that performance.

(Translation: Yes I will, but right now I want to throw a tantrum and this is the only thing I can think of that conveys how I feel)

Anichebe = ****test footballer I've ever seen in an Everton shirt. That includes Brett Angell.

I've given Baxter some stick in the past, on the basis of him being, in my opinion, rubbish. But if he is your last throw of the dice, get him on with 15 to go, not 4. (Although, did anyone notice again that when the time between Baxter being flashed up on screen getting ready, then flashed up on screen talking to Round and then finally getting on the pitch was ages?)

Man of the Match for me was Baines, the only one who really had a decent game and looked like he gave a toss.

With Felliaini & Cahill out, we're walking a dangerous line despite having 7 home games left.
Target now has to be 40 points & hope for a miracle in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.