Everton vs. Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think any team could have done anything about our penalty or Horne's goal.

....yep, probably right but I have an insight into shenanigans around that time and it's quite a revelation. After saying that, I did ask the site owners if I could tell the story but they said best not. Maybe some day.

People question Segers performance but if you look at some of Holdsworhs misses and the fact that his penalty was nearly saved you could say he was on the take. However its football and things don't always go as they should. No one questioned Segers at the time as it was accepted it was just one of them things it's only people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

Not dodgy at all. o_O:oops::confused:

The reason he saved certain shots at certain times is to maximize the odds at certain times.

In 1994 he was accused of involvement in match fixing, together with Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar, Wimbledon striker John Fashanu and a Malaysian businessman. The case was referred to Winchester Crown Court for a criminal trial in 1997 but all four defendants were cleared.[2] In December 1997, Grobbelaar and Segers were found guilty by the Football Association of breaching betting regulations.

WHO NEEDS CANTANA WHEN WE,VE GOT BARRY HORNE!!

will never forget this game for so many reasons good and bad. The stand out one is an old fella standing up in front of me at half time and going mental shouting at people to stand up and show some fight and cheer the players back on for the 2nd half and as I remember it he managed it seeing people standing up and going mental and it spreading around the ground as the team came out was defo one of the good memories.

Proper limbs everywhere when Horne scored, I ended up 2 rows in front of my seat.

Boss feeling in the end, but never again hopefully . Always remember Skinner and Baddiel done match of the day that night.

Proper limbs everywhere when Horne scored, I ended up 2 rows in front of my seat.

Boss feeling in the end, but never again hopefully . Always remember Skinner and Baddiel done match of the day that night.

Funnily enough that always sticks in my mind Baddiel and Skinner on MOTD with Des Lynam, probably coz I watched it about 200 times on the tape! (Think that tape of MOTD is still knocking around somewhere in me ma's.) I always remember Baddiel saying that we were too nice because we had "Welcome to Goodison" on the sign in the tunnel, or words to that effect and that was why we were struggling back then... Some things never change eh!

I was locked out and was standing over the road by the park with loads of others. People were in the trees trying to see over the builders fencing. I remember feeling utterly dejected when we were two down, the scenes at the end were amazing, complete strangers hugging each other. Lots of man love that day. Needless to say, I was leathered later, spent the night grinning at the kopite landlord who just kept shaking his head with disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.