Everton Youth Teams Thread

Final Score
Blackburn u18s 0 Everton u18s 1 (We had more late chances to seal the win)

Everton make it 2 away wins in a row for the 1st time since April/May Last Year, when they won 3 in a row, Wolves away who we play away this Saturday morning with an 11.30am ko was one of the 3 teams in that run - Today was also our 3rd 1-0 away win in 6 away games
That’s a good run of four games undefeated , and despite us playing more games than others it should lead to at least a decent mid table finish. That whole outfield squad are schoolboys/ 1st year Scholars , maybe starting to gel at this level now .

I noticed that price I think was on the bench last game, has anyone who has watched him think hes ready for the step up to the premier league or is that due to our significant injury crisis?

He hasn't had a stand out season or anything like that for the u23s but lampard likes him going by his quotes.
Doubt he ever plays him this season though unless it's massive injury crisis or we somehow get safe with a game or 2 left

I noticed that price I think was on the bench last game, has anyone who has watched him think hes ready for the step up to the premier league or is that due to our significant injury crisis?

He hasn't had a stand out season or anything like that for the u23s but lampard likes him going by his quotes.
Doubt he ever plays him this season though unless it's massive injury crisis or we somehow get safe with a game or 2 left

Which players could step up into the 1st team squad as backup/rotation next season?

Its 4th placed Everton u18s looking to make it 3 away wins in a row playing 8th placed Wolves at 11.30am - Everton are 5 points above Wolves but have played 6 games more, with Everton also scoring 3 and winning on each of the last 3 visits to wolves

Everton u18s Team (TBC)

Graham, Quintyne, Wilson, Samuels-Smith, Wright, Apter, Djankpata, Barker, Heath, Sherif, Smirkle-James
Subs Nash, Tierney, Cahill, Jagne, Lawrence

Half Time
Wolves u18s 0 Everton u18s 0

Djankpata went close to giving Everton the lead mid 1st half and also shot wide from a free kick, While Smikle-James has seen a shot blocked, with a few chances for Barker, Sherif also had shot saved, and shot wide, Apter had shot outside the box blocked late that 1st half

I actually think Price hasn't played as well this season as he did last year. He was very much in Warrington's shadow before he went on loan, and hasn't exactly stamped his authority on any game I've seen since (only one or two games). I like him, though, but don't see him being anywhere near the 1st team at the moment. He must have impressed Frank in training.

That's hindsight. When he left he was behind Digne & Nkounkou and you can't blame the lad for thinking he's not got much chance.

Southampton have a greater track record of trusting their young players than we do.

I'm not sure that's wholly true. Either way, it was a mistake from the lad, hed have been given further opportunities here and has stagnated at Southampton.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back