Everton Youth Teams Thread

So , an article about the RS with a passing mention of how poor our Academy has become in recent years. Nothing new that hasn’t been discussed frequently in these pages. A bit more work and he could have written a useful article about a number of non-Sky6 clubs who have been better than us in recent years and what could be learned from them.
Exactly my thoughts. A completely typical Athletic article, a lot of words with basically nothing of substance. It's essentially written just so liverpool can get a line out there about how they could've had Gordon if they wanted him and they don't want him anyway.

Exactly my thoughts. A completely typical Athletic article, a lot of words with basically nothing of substance. It's essentially written just so liverpool can get a line out there about how they could've had Gordon if they wanted him and they don't want him anyway.

Been very disappointed with their Everton coverage in general, the odd decent article aside.
Only really subscribe for the NFL stuff

Been very disappointed with their Everton coverage in general, the odd decent article aside.
Only really subscribe for the NFL stuff
They're not ITK like Joyce or even a bobble hat off twitter and they're rather fickle with their reporting. Their main scoops came courtesy of Digne being best mates with them and now he's gone they don't have much to go on we don't already know. It'd be hard to justify subscription if every time I tried to cancel they didnt offer me it for 12 more months at £1.

Look at this article 'how everton fell behind' proceeds to tell us absolutely nothing about how exactly they fell behind and the only evidence being how we get beat at strictly U18 level by them. Its tosh.

7th placed Everton u18s play the 1st of 2 games in 3 days tomorrow, the 1st game coming at home v 8th placed Burnley u18s tomorrow with an 11am ko, before they travel to stoke Tuesday night in a rearranged game

---
While Monday its 11th placed Everton u23s playing home to 2nd placed West Ham in their 2nd last game of the u23s season with ko been 7pm, that will not be Live, Then a week tonight Everton u23s finish up at the Champions Man City u23s which is Live via City's website

I can't subscribe to the Athletic currently.

They were desperate for Lawrence though. Our under 16's recently defeated theirs about 5-0 in a national final competition.

The 2 year groups below have also won national competitions.

I don't know a great deal below that. But the idea they are miles ahead is not true. The two clubs operate differently, they invest heavily at under 18's upwards. Everton could also get better, and hopefully will, but it's pretty even from the academies up to under 16's, and thats being quite generous.

I can't subscribe to the Athletic currently.

They were desperate for Lawrence though. Our under 16's recently defeated theirs about 5-0 in a national final competition.

The 2 year groups below have also won national competitions.

I don't know a great deal below that. But the idea they are miles ahead is not true. The two clubs operate differently, they invest heavily at under 18's upwards. Everton could also get better, and hopefully will, but it's pretty even from the academies up to under 16's, and thats being quite generous.

Wasnt he someone whose contract was running out?

Yeah werent there rumours he wanted to jump ship a few months ago?
He’s 16 so can only be offered a two year Scholarship, which I imagine he has been already . From memory , the suggestion was not that he was particularly unhappy but that our set up was so poor that maybe he might not sign a Scholarship. I have no inside knowledge, but Lawrence has featured twice off the bench at u23s lately, which suggests we’re giving him opportunities as he’ll be here next season ……or we’re still trying to persuade him.