Everton Youth Teams Thread

Hope he’s given a chance in pre-season to impress. Just has something about him.

Warrington definitely has something different from our other young midfielders with his energy, carrying the ball out from the back , short passing game. For me I’m not sure if he’s done enough yet to get ahead of Price , Onyango and Jenson Metcalfe when he returns . I love his attitude and commitment to our club though , pre season will tell us a lot , it’ll be interesting to see who steps up out of the crowd .

Warrington definitely has something different from our other young midfielders with his energy, carrying the ball out from the back , short passing game. For me I’m not sure if he’s done enough yet to get ahead of Price , Onyango and Jenson Metcalfe when he returns . I love his attitude and commitment to our club though , pre season will tell us a lot , it’ll be interesting to see who steps up out of the crowd .
I know metcalfe is highly rated, I’ve only see little bits of him and I think he had a few games for the 23’s what type of midfielder is he?

No? Surprised by all 3 tbh as he's the only one that's gone out and done it in men's football properly (Onyango the odd minute I don't really count). It's Warrington's tenacity I like.

it would annoy me if we brought in someone like winks who is as bog average as you can get (and thats being kind) to take up a place in the squad rather than try and improve someone like warrington, price etc

Warrington is nowhere near ready going off Tranmere fans opinions and what id seen in youth teams. Personally had him well behind Price and Onyango but Onyango has had injury troubles so he may have caught him. If anyone's getting a chance next season though it's probably Price since he spent half a season with the first team last season. Warrington seems to be more a long term project like a dewsbury-Hall not in style but in the timeline to premier league. Metcalfe not close either to the first team and needs at least a season in 23s

Warrington is nowhere near ready going off Tranmere fans opinions and what id seen in youth teams. Personally had him well behind Price and Onyango but Onyango has had injury troubles so he may have caught him. If anyone's getting a chance next season though it's probably Price since he spent half a season with the first team last season. Warrington seems to be more a long term project like a dewsbury-Hall not in style but in the timeline to premier league. Metcalfe not close either to the first team and needs at least a season in 23s

warrington is the type of midfielder we are crying out for which makes him interesting. a year ago i'd have said he'll be released and have a decent lower league career (might still be all he'll do) but he has definitely got a lot better in the last year so hopefully can make a similar jump over this season, probably with another loan. looking forward to seeing if anyone can impress in preseason.

No? Surprised by all 3 tbh as he's the only one that's gone out and done it in men's football properly (Onyango the odd minute I don't really count). It's Warrington's tenacity I like.
I agree with your tenacity comment. While I like Warrington , at 19 he’s the older than the other 3 , and my context is it’s League 2 he’s been playing in, at 17/18 Liam Walsh was having a good loan spell at Yeovil in the same league but never got near our first team. I see Warrington/ Walsh as similar styles.

I know metcalfe is highly rated, I’ve only see little bits of him and I think he had a few games for the 23’s what type of midfielder is he?
Metcalfe for me has a wee bit of a lot of things, he can strike beautiful long range passes , scores goals , gets about the pitch and tackles . Maybe a bit like Kieron Dowell but works harder, plays further back. I believe his only u23s starts came as a Schoolboy, he didn’t start any u23s games last season , made a couple of sub appearances but then was injured at the time you’d expect him to be stepping up to regular u23 games. He certainly looked the best of last seasons new Scholars , and I’d be looking for him to be an u23 regular next season, and then we take it from there.

He wasn't excellent for them overall was he? Had some good games then tailed off. Probably needs a loan to a league 1 club next season.

In professional age groups, Joe Anderson, Jack Barrett, Elijah Campbell, Liam Higgins, Mackenzie Hunt, Einar Iversen, Mathew Mallon, Sean McAllister and Patrick Nash have all been offered new contracts.

The Club is also in negotiations with Lewis Gibson over a new deal.

In professional age groups, Joe Anderson, Jack Barrett, Elijah Campbell, Liam Higgins, Mackenzie Hunt, Einar Iversen, Mathew Mallon, Sean McAllister and Patrick Nash have all been offered new contracts.

The Club is also in negotiations with Lewis Gibson over a new deal.
The interesting one for me, he's been 17 all year without a deal despite being a U23 regular and England youth player. Could be an offer to make sure we get compo if he leaves