Everton Youth Teams Thread

I don’t believe ISS has any u21mins yet , but that will come soon . The Echo describes him as a left back and impressed Baines playing in his old position, but as far as I can tell all his u18 games this season have been as a centre back , usually with “5” on his back. He is though one of those players who looks comfortable at left back , and left centre back in a 4 or 3 , and its likely that his first progression with the first team will come as a LB.

I don’t believe ISS has any u21mins yet , but that will come soon . The Echo describes him as a left back and impressed Baines playing in his old position, but as far as I can tell all his u18 games this season have been as a centre back , usually with “5” on his back. He is though one of those players who looks comfortable at left back , and left centre back in a 4 or 3 , and its likely that his first progression with the first team will come as a LB.
Took me a second to work out who ISS was. Thought you were on about Pro Evo before the name change?

The most recent training video shows Samuels-Smith a few times, playing left backish in a small side game and involved with Allan and Maupay in drills , it’s great to see him getting some individual attention and not just making up the numbers.

ive a feeling we wont be making the vinagre loan a permanent move (hope not anyway!).

Yep , definitely one for the future , but his future has already started. Lampard/ Thirwell look to be working well together, plugging the gaps with experienced players where necessary, but also bringing in and encouraging the youth. While Samuels-Smith is nowhere near being PL ready at the moment, for me that’s their job , if he’s proved good enough in training , to fast track him onto a first team bench by the end of the season and give him some minutes off the bench.

Yep , definitely one for the future , but his future has already started. Lampard/ Thirwell look to be working well together, plugging the gaps with experienced players where necessary, but also bringing in and encouraging the youth. While Samuels-Smith is nowhere near being PL ready at the moment, for me that’s their job , if he’s proved good enough in training , to fast track him onto a first team bench by the end of the season and give him some minutes off the bench.

Maybe so, but if anyone thinks we're going into next season with Mykolenko and him as LB's are tripping. He'll become a centre half anyway.

I suspect that's why he's in training with Holgate, Mina & Godfrey out.

Maybe so, but if anyone thinks we're going into next season with Mykolenko and him as LB's are tripping. He'll become a centre half anyway.

I suspect that's why he's in training with Holgate, Mina & Godfrey out.
Yeah he’ll likely be a CB, but if It’s a just making up the numbers job as you suggest there are older but less talented players who could step in. The reality is he’s 17 in June when he can sign a pro contract, it’s a big factor . While if push comes to shove we can’t compete with say the likes of City and their ability to play a 17 yr old full back in their first team, but we can’t keep losing our best youngsters without showing we’re prepared to develop them.

Yeah he’ll likely be a CB, but if It’s a just making up the numbers job as you suggest there are older but less talented players who could step in. The reality is he’s 17 in June when he can sign a pro contract, it’s a big factor . While if push comes to shove we can’t compete with say the likes of City and their ability to play a 17 yr old full back in their first team, but we can’t keep losing our best youngsters without showing we’re prepared to develop them.

Oh I'm all for it, that's not the part I'm discussing. Someone said they hoped we didn't sign Vinagre next Summer as if it would stunt the path of a 17-year old in another position.