Everton Youth Teams Thread

Is the consensus now that Mills could be good enough to play for the first team?

If so, could that be in the right sided attacking position in front of Patterson?

Is the consensus now that Mills could be good enough to play for the first team?

If so, could that be in the right sided attacking position in front of Patterson?
We’re back to our reoccurring discussion, when we’re playing crap there’s a belief that anybody could do better , but it’s rarely true , there remains a big gap between PL2 , the u21s league, and the actual PL . I could see Mills coming on and getting minutes in the near future, but there’s no way Lampard is going to start Mills and Patterson on the right , their defensive inexperience would be easily exploited . Mills is a great attacking threat but I doubt he could do the defensive duties at PL level without some more coaching , and experience. And around we go …. How does he get experience if we don’t play him?…

We’re back to our reoccurring discussion, when we’re playing crap there’s a belief that anybody could do better , but it’s rarely true , there remains a big gap between PL2 , the u21s league, and the actual PL . I could see Mills coming on and getting minutes in the near future, but there’s no way Lampard is going to start Mills and Patterson on the right , their defensive inexperience would be easily exploited . Mills is a great attacking threat but I doubt he could do the defensive duties at PL level without some more coaching , and experience. And around we go …. How does he get experience if we don’t play him?…
I would normally agree but I don't know how much more of our wingers I can watch before accepting Mills could do no worse and I'm not even that high on him. Same goes for Cannon, no way could him this season or Simms last season be more detrimental to us than Rondon

I would normally agree but I don't know how much more of our wingers I can watch before accepting Mills could do no worse and I'm not even that high on him. Same goes for Cannon, no way could him this season or Simms last season be more detrimental to us than Rondon

Hes on the bench again today and I suspect any poor performances from Gray or McNeil ask the question....Gordon or Mills.

Sorry the U18s got beat 5-4 the 17s won 4-2 both vs Villa.
Mate that doesn’t sound right , Villa are not in our u18 league and we’ve played all the U18 PL Cup games . Could it be u17s lost 5-4, u16s won 4-2 . ?

Anyway , tomorrows game is being streamed .
Everton Under-21s are in Premier League Cup action on Sunday (12pm GMT) – and fans can watch the game live on our official YouTube channel!

Mate that doesn’t sound right , Villa are not in our u18 league and we’ve played all the U18 PL Cup games . Could it be u17s lost 5-4, u16s won 4-2 . ?

Anyway , tomorrows game is being streamed .
Everton Under-21s are in Premier League Cup action on Sunday (12pm GMT) – and fans can watch the game live on our official YouTube channel!
Think it will be that mate yeah it's got my head up the wall trying to figure out if first year scholars like Ebere and Sherif are eligible for what team. Lukjanicks played up with the U17s. The team Sherif played in got beat-possibly U17 not U18. One of our upcoming scholars said they won 4-2 though but that's probably U16 as you said. The older group played villa and got beat with the younger group winning

Think it will be that mate yeah it's got my head up the wall trying to figure out if first year scholars like Ebere and Sherif are eligible for what team. Lukjanicks played up with the U17s. The team Sherif played in got beat-possibly U17 not U18. One of our upcoming scholars said they won 4-2 though but that's probably U16 as you said. The older group played villa and got beat with the younger group winning
Yeah the lack of proper info from the club doesn’t help, I believe the u17s are mainly first year scholars , Ebere, Sherif ,Apter etc.

Everton u21s team to play Southampton u21s team in our 1st u21s Premier League Cup game - KO midday and game is Live as said above

1668338452121.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back