Evertonians in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in N Ireland, there are a few of us about. I was really looking forward to last nights game but no coverage anywhere. I got a message from my son this morning, he was at it, he works nearby. Was very impressed with Stones.

Like some other posters on here I'm from Northern Ireland. There are actually a reasonable number of us about. When I was at school there was a group of evertonians about and every other work place I have been in since have had at least one or two fellow blues to identify with. When in town it is not unusual to see an Everton top these days.

The strangest siting of an Everton shirt I saw recently was on my hols in Spain. In July I was in Santander for a day trip, there was hardly any football regalia of any sort about except for afew la liga tops (mainly real or Bilbao) and I never saw one English premier league top of any note the whole day. With one exception, this old Spanish guy dandered past with last years Everton home shirt on. I had an Everton hoodie on and he gave us a big acknowledging smile and a pat on the back as he went on his way.

Lots of Blues in Dublin and the [spam removed by moderator] is the place to be for all Everton games this includes cup matches as well, as they have a satellite to show games if not on BT or Sky.I was not in on Monday for West Brom but heard had a decent crowd I was Allso in for the Chelsea game with over 50 Blues in attendance.I used to go to Murrays which is run by the Irish Toffees but never anyone in there. A lot of the time just left on my own.looking forward to this weekends Derby anyone going?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of Blues in Dublin and the [spam removed] is the place to be for all Everton games this includes cup matches as well, as they have a satellite to show games if not on BT or Sky.I was not in on Monday for West Brom but heard had a decent crowd I was Allso in for the Chelsea game with over 50 Blues in attendance.I used to go to Murrays which is run by the Irish Toffees but never anyone in there. A lot of the time just left on my own.looking forward to this weekends Derby anyone going?

The satellite was no use to anybody when they failed to screen the Reading game last week, which coincidently Murrays had on.

I'm all for going to a better venue than Murrays, but I'm wary of the amount of plugs this pub has been getting recently on here. I suspect you've been given a trial run by the Mercantile, and if you get a few in each week they'll continue. My worry is if they pull the plug, and Murrays say ah [Poor language removed] em, where does that leave the blues looking to watch non sky/bt games.

The Goodison Blues will probably get a few extra members i suppose.

Lots of Blues in Dublin and the [spam removed by moderator] is the place to be for all Everton games this includes cup matches as well, as they have a satellite to show games if not on BT or Sky.I was not in on Monday for West Brom but heard had a decent crowd I was Allso in for the Chelsea game with over 50 Blues in attendance.I used to go to Murrays which is run by the Irish Toffees but never anyone in there. A lot of the time just left on my own.looking forward to this weekends Derby anyone going?

Banned for repeated spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back