Homepage Article Everton's Attitude Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ho
They are a completely cynical bunch of players. "Let's give the punters a nice tweet, that'll do them and keep us safe until next season".

I loathe this Everton team.
Hope Carlo fells the same . Id say hes never worked with such an inconsistent and average bunch in all his time.

They are a completely cynical bunch of players. "Let's give the punters a nice tweet, that'll do them and keep us safe until next season".

I loathe this Everton team.

....as often is the case, I disagree with that sweeping statement. From what I can see, Godfrey tweeted, Doucoure tweeted, DCL tweeted and Digne tweeted. I think there’s a decent case that all have put a shift in this season.

There are certainly players within the squad who rarely play for the cause, who rarely play like winning a game of football matters but thats not the case with them all.

As I said earlier in the thread, I don’t think attitude is the key issue here & one of your constant barbs might be nearer the mark - Marcel Brands.

I’m a bit ambivalent of his performance but I heard a very interesting quote during the commentary I listened to. Apparently when asked about using so many defensive players in a defensive system that struggles to win at home, Ancelotti responded with; “I’m a coach not a miracle worker”.

The squad is woefully lacking players who can take the game to the opposition. No conventional wingers with pace, quality and threat. We go into games with option of wing backs who aren’t wing backs or Iwobi and Bernard. No idea if Ancelotti was having a swipe at Brands, but the squad is lacking in key areas, it limits how we play.

For me, it’s not so much attitude it’s lack of quality and athleticism in key positions.

....as often is the case, I disagree with that sweeping statement. From what I can see, Godfrey tweeted, Doucoure tweeted, DCL tweeted and Digne tweeted. I think there’s a decent case that all have put a shift in this season.

There are certainly players within the squad who rarely play for the cause, who rarely play like winning a game of football matters but thats not the case with them all.

As I said earlier in the thread, I don’t think attitude is the key issue here & one of your constant barbs might be nearer the mark - Marcel Brands.

I’m a bit ambivalent of his performance but I heard a very interesting quote during the commentary I listened to. Apparently when asked about using so many defensive players in a defensive system that struggles to win at home, Ancelotti responded with; “I’m a coach not a miracle worker”.

The squad is woefully lacking players who can take the game to the opposition. No conventional wingers with pace, quality and threat. We go into games with option of wing backs who aren’t wing backs or Iwobi and Bernard. No idea if Ancelotti was having a swipe at Brands, but the squad is lacking in key areas, it limits how we play.

For me, it’s not so much attitude it’s lack of quality and athleticism in key positions.
In which case why does Ancelotti continually say Brands has done a fantastic job?

BRANDELOTTI.

In which case why does Ancelotti continually say Brands has done a fantastic job?

BRANDELOTTI.

....no idea but regardless of whether they are in it together but the squad is lacking and unbalanced. especially in attacking areas.

The encouraging thing is we’ve found a way to win away but unfortunately we have to play with the same personnel & system at home & can’t make the running in games. Sigurdsson sits in a weird deep left midfield position. Coleman RWB looks to play a pass wide but there’s nobody there & he goes backwards.

Very strange system, square pegs in round holes. Attitude actually won the game last night.

....no idea but regardless of whether they are in it together but the squad is lacking, especially in attacking areas.

The encouraging thing is we’ve found a way to win away but unfortunately we have to play with the same personnel & system at home & can’t make the running in games. Sigurdsson sits in a weird deep left midfield position. Coleman RWB looks to play a pass wide but there’s nobody there & he goes backwards.

Very strange system, square pegs in round holes. Attitude actually won the game last night.
Ancelotti bought a player that is key to the way he wants to work through midfield to attack...he misses loads of games.

He was always a bad bet to get on the pitch for enough games, so Ancelotti has to also look to himself for basing his plans around James and the shape we get when he plays.

the concern I have is that we seem to be coached in a very Allardyce manner. The way a good coach would coach players he thinks are rubbish, but whom he needs to get the maximum results from. Horrible to watch, and can't be much fun to play. If that is the case, it seems rather a lazy way to proceed. Cos whether the players are brilliant or not, they should still have enough to beat the teams who were rlelegated this season when you're at home and going for Europe. We are 18 months into Carlo's project now, and I am very disappointed so far with the way he is coaching the team to play

the president of Villareal, when asked what challenges to his club's hegemony in the Europa Cup of Champions could there be in the coming years had only one word
'Everton'

middle-finger.png

lol lol

Do you honestly think the players themselves have sat down and typed out those tweets?

Status
Not open for further replies.