Everything you would want to know about Vitor Pereira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errol

Player Valuation: £25k
I would want to apologize for my English if I will be making any mistakes writing these all as I’m Turkish and never been to an English-speaking country in my all life. I’m a Fenerbahçe fan and no-one in the world can know more about Vitor Pereira than us. I’m aware that there are two different threads about him, but what I’m gonna write now here in details is going to be more detailed than them deserving its own thread.

I will try to be as objective as possible. I do not hate the guy and I will tell everything as it is, so you, the magnificent supporters of Everton can decide for it.

TACTICS:
VP does not have a strict tactic. He managed our Fenerbahçe twice in 5 years. In his first term he was mainly using 4-2-3-1 with two 6. In his second term he used 3-4-3 so strictly that we had to change some of the squad, because we did not have wing-backs. This year he was mainly trying to copy-paste a form of Ruben Amorim’s Sporting’s approach; good defense, good counter-attack. His teams are usually good defense-wise but really suck at attacking. If you check stats of Fenerbahçe or any other recent his managements you will see that all games finished with either 1-0 or 2-1. It is really rare to see something like 3-0, 4-0 from the guy. This was one of the main criticisms towards him.

TRANSFERS:
Vitor is a genius when it comes to choosing right footballers. Many of his transfers for Fenerbahçe have been really, really successful throughout the years. He asked Fenerbahçe board to transfer several footballers this season. Although having the richest Turkish guy as the president of Fenerbahçe, unfortunately, our current president really lacks skills when it comes to transfers, so he failed at accomplishing Vitor’s list.

Vitor was really obsessive about the Korean defender Kim Min Jae. Board, prior to agreeing terms with Vitor, had already made a contract with Steven Caulker, who was really successful prior season. Vitor, unfortunately, banished S. Caulker, told the board he will not be giving him the chance as he needs a more complicated defender, whom he can trust. When Kim Min Jae came to Turkey at last, media and fans were furious because no-one knew him here. But it turned out that he was the real gem and he was so good that quickly became a love-mark here. Min Jae is so beyond Turkish league.

Vitor also asked to buy striker. Beto. Board could not succeed in terms of money (UEFA regulations) and he went to Udinese.
He asked two midfielders. One was Stephen Eustaquio. He became a part of Porto as of yesterday. The other one was Hidemasa Morita, also from Portuguese league, who even said farewell to his own team members in one of his last games, but our magnificent president failed the transfer at the last moment.

He asked for Diego Rossi. This is… complicated. There are speculations about this transfer. Diego is a fine footballer. But his strength is worse than U19 Turkish League. He is falling even because of the rival teams’ defenders’ wind. Maybe it is MLS. I don’t know.

Last week of the transfer period he pressured the board for at least a midfielder to his liking and in the end they got someone from the bottom of his transfer list. Miguel Crespo. Last year his team was playing in 2nd league of Portugal, so media had many criticism just because of this. Miguel turned out so good that people started worshipping Vitor‘s ability to choose the right guys.

MAIN ADVANTAGES:
Vitor is one of those development trainers. What I’m trying to say is that he is really good with footballers, who are in their development years, who are young and obeying. I use the word ”obey” for a reason and I will explain it later.
This season in Fenerbahçe he became the love of our youngsters. He made Ferdi Kadioglu, who originally was an attacking midfielder and forward-winger, a wing-back for his 3-4-3. Ferdi has been phenomenal this season. Also, he made another attacker a wing-back, whom we got from Championship last year, Bright Osayi-Samuel. He had to fill in those positions for his style because board failed to transfer him his wing-backs. He gave chances to footballers from our U19 team, which was, unfortunately, rare in our club. Vitor quickly became someone that everyone respected. He had a win streak, too, with no lost games at all.

THE DOWNFALL:
The great supporters of legendary Everton; I have tried to say everything positive about him. Now the part of my words, which will make your hearts beat faster is about the begin.
The main problem of Vitor Pereira is that he is really, I mean really, have I said really, bad about crisis moments. You never just lose one game with Vitor. If you lose one game, second will come for sure or at least a draw. Linguists can put his portrait picture to a dictionary for explaining the word “inconsistency“. No matter in China, in Turkey, or wherever he was, when his teams start losing points, there is no quick turning back from that. He loses his control and he is really easy to be shaken. He is really bad with managing when he is under pressure.

About comebacks... Well, there are none. He has really bad stats about making comebacks. If his teams are scoring first then it is good. BUT, if you get scored first then you can make sure it will be at most a draw and nothing else. This is also about handling pressure.

CHANGING ROOM:
Vitor has a record of creating scandals with star players. In his first term he basically created all the scandals he could with Robin Van Persie and Nani. He is the master of mobbing. In the end we lost our two good players because of Vitor and our ex-president sent Vitor off the club. This term he created scandals with Mesut Ozil. Vitor was actually the first target of Brazilian Atletico Mineiro. But then their best player Hulk gave ultimatum to board saying if Vitor is in he is out. Apparently, Vitor managed to non-manage him when the duo was together in China in Shanghai SIPG.
He will, there is no doubt in it for me, he absolutely will make you lose at least one of your love-mark stars in Everton. Your stars that you expect a lot will start performing worse in time with non-stars performing better. Vitor has the ego of a mountain, a bit less than Jose Mourinho, but a discount one.

MEDIA HANDLING:
My hands literally shake for this part of the article because of memories. If you think you have seen the worse manager in media handling, well, you are wrong. Pereira will outperform in a bad way anyone you have known so far. The biggest mistake for him would be that he would not use a translator. You guys have to make him use a translator and not allow him to speak English. His English is bad. It is no biggie, he can improve. But the problem is he is trying to say words and complex sentences with his current level of English. In the end no-one understands him. He thinks he has explained himself. But he didn’t and couldn’t. Then this creates different scandals because of answers getting lost in translation.
He loves when media respects him as if he is the best manager in the world. But with slight criticism, he gets shaken, and from my experience in British media, your guys in media will slice him open with words and criticism. This is a great risk, because he is really easy to tilt. And when he tilts you can make sure the team tilts, too.
It is so bad that ex-president of Fenerbahçe had actually banned him from making speeches to media at some point.

ON BENCH:
Vitor is quite the figure when the game is being played. He will respond well if you will support him. He will fire up the stadium. But when the losing streak or criticisms start coming there is a really good possibility that he will not even try to stand up and watch the game. He has a famous notebook. Or a piece of paper. He is writing, man. No joke. He is capable of writing 90 minutes. There were memes in Turkish about he was writing some elder scrolls, or the meaning of life, or a shopping list. Sometimes the team scores, he starts writing. Sometimes it is 3-0 against his team, yeah you can guess, he is writing. And he has a right hand, named Almeida, the duo is always speaking. In one Fenerbahçe game that was going so bad they started talking on the 10th minute. It took him 60 more minutes of talking to make a substitution. Oh, by the way, his subbing skills are really good. Because his first elevens are so bad. He usually makes a really big or two mistakes for the first eleven, then he corrects it and team wins.

FINAL WORDS:
Vitor Pereira is a gem when it comes to finding really good footballers, he is a good scout. He is a good theorist about tactics, but it is always a controversial point whether he can get what he wants to be done in the pitch or not. He has really bad human management and pressure handling skills.
It will definitely be quite a journey for you. He will not be moderate. He will either succeed so good that you wouldn’t believe your own eyes, or fail so bad that you would want to rip off your own eyes.

Forgive me if I had made mistakes with some terms or words while writing this. I hope you will enjoy and what I have just written will clear out some fog in your minds. It will be quite a journey for you with him.

Erol Buran
Istanbul
twitter: erol_buran

Last edited:
I would want to apologize for my English if I will be making any mistakes writing these all as I’m Turkish and never been to an English-speaking country in my all life. I’m a Fenerbahçe fan and no-one in the world can know more about Vitor Pereira than us. I’m aware that there are two different threads about him, but what I’m gonna write now here in details is going to be more detailed than them deserving its own thread.

I will try to be as objective as possible. I do not hate the guy and I will tell everything as it is, so you, the magnificent supporters of Everton can decide for it.

TACTICS:
VP does not have a strict tactic. He managed our Fenerbahçe twice in 5 years. In his first term he was mainly using 4-2-3-1 with two 6. In his second term he used 3-4-3 so strictly that we had to change some of the squad, because we did not have wing-backs. This year he was mainly trying to copy-paste a form of Ruben Amorim’s Sporting’s approach; good defense, good counter-attack. His teams are usually good defense-wise but really suck at attacking. If you check stats of Fenerbahçe or any other recent his managements you will see that all games finished with either 1-0 or 2-1. It is really rare to see something like 3-0, 4-0 from the guy. This was one of the main criticisms towards him.

TRANSFERS:
Vitor is a genius when it comes to choosing right footballers. Many of his transfers for Fenerbahçe have been really, really successful throughout the years. He asked Fenerbahçe board to transfer several footballers this season. Although having the richest Turkish guy as the president of Fenerbahçe, unfortunately, our current president really lacks skills when it comes to transfers, so he failed at accomplishing Vitor’s list.

Vitor was really obsessive about the Korean defender Kim Min Jae. Board, prior to agreeing terms with Vitor, had already made a contract with Steven Caulker, who was really successful prior season. Vitor, unfortunately, banished S. Caulker, told the board he will not be giving him the chance as he needs a more complicated defender, whom he can trust. When Kim Min Jae came to Turkey at last, media and fans were furious because no-one knew him here. But it turned out that he was the real gem and he was so good that quickly became a love-mark here. Min Jae is so beyond Turkish league.

Vitor also asked to buy striker. Beto. Board could not succeed in terms of money (UEFA regulations) and he went to Udinese.
He asked two midfielders. One was Stephen Eustaquio. He became a part of Porto as of yesterday. The other one was Hidemasa Morita, also from Portuguese league, who even said farewell to his own team members in one of his last games, but our magnificent president failed the transfer at the last moment.

He asked for Diego Rossi. This is… complicated. There are speculations about this transfer. Diego is a fine footballer. But his strength is worse than U19 Turkish League. He is falling even because of the rival teams’ defenders’ wind. Maybe it is MLS. I don’t know.

Last week of the transfer period he pressured the board for at least a midfielder to his liking and in the end they got someone from the bottom of his transfer list. Miguel Crespo. Last year his team was playing in 2nd league of Portugal, so media had many criticism just because of this. Miguel turned out so good that people started worshipping Vitor‘s ability to choose the right guys.

MAIN ADVANTAGES:
Vitor is one of those development trainers. What I’m trying to say is that he is really good with footballers, who are in their development years, who are young and obeying. I use the word ”obey” for a reason and I will explain it later.
This season in Fenerbahçe he became the love of our youngsters. He made Ferdi Kadioglu, who originally was an attacking midfielder and forward-winger, a wing-back for his 3-4-3. Ferdi has been phenomenal this season. Also, he made another attacker a wing-back, whom we got from Championship last year, Bright Osayi-Samuel. He had to fill in those positions for his style because board failed to transfer him his wing-backs. He gave chances to footballers from our U19 team, which was, unfortunately, rare in our club. Vitor quickly became someone that everyone respected. He had a win streak, too, with no lost games at all.

THE DOWNFALL:
The great supporters of legendary Everton; I have tried to say everything positive about him. Now the part of my words, which will make your hearts beat faster is about the begin.
The main problem of Vitor Pereira is that he is really, I mean really, have I said really, bad about crisis moments. You never just lose one game with Vitor. If you lose one game, second will come for sure or at least a draw. Linguists can put his portrait picture to a dictionary for explaining the word “inconsistency“. No matter in China, in Turkey, or wherever he was, when his teams start losing points, there is no quick turning back from that. He loses his control and he is really easy to be shaken. He is really bad with managing when he is under pressure.

About comebacks... Well, there are none. He has really bad stats about making comebacks. If his teams are scoring first then it is good. BUT, if you get scored first then you can make sure it will be at most a draw and nothing else. This is also about handling pressure.

CHANGING ROOM:
Vitor has a record of creating scandals with star players. In his first term he basically created all the scandals he could with Robin Van Persie and Nani. He is the master of mobbing. In the end we lost our two good players because of Vitor and our ex-president sent Vitor off the club. This term he created scandals with Mesut Ozil. Vitor was actually the first target of Brazilian Atletico Mineiro. But then their best player Hulk gave ultimatum to board saying if Vitor is in he is out. Apparently, Vitor managed to non-manage him when the duo was together in China in Shanghai SIPG.
He will, there is no doubt in it for me, he absolutely will make you lose at least one of your love-mark stars in Everton. Your stars that you expect a lot will start performing worse in time with non-stars performing better. Vitor has the ego of a mountain, a bit less than Jose Mourinho, but a discount one.

MEDIA HANDLING:
My hands literally shake for this part of the article because of memories. If you think you have seen the worse manager in media handling, well, you are wrong. Pereira will outperform in a bad way anyone you have known so far. The biggest mistake for him would be that he would not use a translator. You guys have to make him use a translator and not allow him to speak English. His English is bad. It is no biggie, he can improve. But the problem is he is trying to say words and complex sentences with his current level of English. In the end no-one understands him. He thinks he has explained himself. But he didn’t and couldn’t. Then this creates different scandals because of answers getting lost in translation.
He loves when media respects him as if he is the best manager in the world. But with slight criticism, he gets shaken, and from my experience in British media, your guys in media will slice him open with words and criticism. This is a great risk, because he is really easy to tilt. And when he tilts you can make sure the team tilts, too.
It is so bad that ex-president of Fenerbahçe had actually banned him from making speeches to media at some point.

ON BENCH:
Vitor is quite the figure when the game is being played. He will respond well if you will support him. He will fire up the stadium. But when the losing streak or criticisms start coming there is a really good possibility that he will not even try to stand up and watch the game. He has a famous notebook. Or a piece of paper. He is writing, man. No joke. He is capable of writing 90 minutes. There were memes in Turkish about he was writing some elder scrolls, or the meaning of life, or a shopping list. Sometimes the team scores, he starts writing. Sometimes it is 3-0 against his team, yeah you can guess, he is writing. And he has a right hand, named Almeida, the duo is always speaking. In one Fenerbahçe game that was going so bad they started talking on the 10th minute. It took him 60 more minutes of talking to make a substitution. Oh, by the way, his subbing skills are really good. Because his first elevens are so bad. He usually makes a really big or two mistakes for the first eleven, then he corrects it and team wins.

FINAL WORDS:
Vitor Pereira is a gem when it comes to finding really good footballers, he is a good scout. He is a good theorist about tactics, but it is always a controversial point whether he can get what he wants to be done in the pitch or not. He has really bad human management and pressure handling skills.
It will definitely be quite a journey for you. He will not be moderate. He will either succeed so good that you wouldn’t believe your own eyes, or fail so bad that you would want to rip off your own eyes.

Forgive me if I had made mistakes with some terms or words while writing this. I hope you will enjoy and what I have just written will clear out some fog in your minds. It will be quite a journey for you with him.

Erol Buran
Istanbul
I can confirm this.

Thank you Erol I have a question if you have time to answer?

Can we swap you for Tosun ? You'll be way more of an asset than him.
Thank you! It will be a bit off-topic but I never understood the signing of Cenk Tosun. Turkish Super League (yes, it’s officially called as Super League) has its own mysterious way with strikers. We have had really good striker signings from all over the world but most of them failed in our league. That’s mainly because the type of strikers that work in our league are wrestler types. Here the defending is so harsh and cruel. You need to be both mentally and physically ready that someone is blowing air to your ear while you try to get some ball to your feet. What I mean by physically is not being athlete, but having good endurance to pain and actual wrestling.

Tosun has a good anticipation skill and also heading skill for our league. Our defenders lack fundamentals against such type. That’s how both Tosun, Vedat Muriqi and Alexander Sörloth succeeded so well in our league but sucked in Italy and Germany. If you will get someone from Turkish league it should be mainly goalkeepers and defenders. Our strikers are not athletes and this is the first thing you need in Premiership. That’s why when they get Premier League trainings they tend to have serious injury problems.

So, about injury problems and Vitor Pereira. His training techniques here were so controversial. In both of his terms he had many, I mean many, injured players. Mainly muscle injuries. Media was criticizing him because of his training methods.

@Errol if you could, would you take him back?

Where do you think Everton finishes if we hire him?
You will be either so happy either… I don’t want to name that horrible word. I love Everton.
There is no returning back for Vitor Pereira to Fenerbahçe, not any soon. If you check his records, even with the teams he was successful and winning titles, he did not stand more than 2 years. China being exception due to his overwhelming contract and pandemic. Our president announced twice that Vitor Pereira has made so much money in China that he has the possibility of not working at all until the end of his life. So he will not be coming for money. He was seen as a hero here in the first weeks. People made t-shirts of him. Then he started skydiving. Really. Suddenly it all got so worse that the club got on a losing streak. He started to cut off the best players of the team. He was always smiling in first weeks. In last weeks he was in a big depression, which you could see clearly on media conferences.

I forgot to mention in the original post. He is exceptionally lucky. His teams are lucky too. You will see strange things happening in the pitch. You will score goals that you would never think of or rival striker suddenly acting as if he has rheumatoid arthritis.

TACTICS:

TRANSFERS:

MAIN ADVANTAGES:

THE DOWNFALL:

CHANGING ROOM:

MEDIA HANDLING:

ON BENCH:

FINAL WORDS:

Erol Buran
Istanbul
Thank you for this post Errol. After reading it, i am very concerned about this mans ability to manage our club. He can be volatile emotionally unstable, and not react well to pressure. Our team needs to win games to avoid relegation. So a manager, with these sort of character traits is very concerning.

When our team doesn't win, and we see the players play with no effort no passion, we can get angry at both them and the manager. A manager needs a strong personality to deal with that.

You say this manager does not react well to criticism, so i am very concerned that Vitor Pereira does not have the right personality, to manage this club and deal with the expectations we the supporters have.

TACTICS:

TRANSFERS:

MAIN ADVANTAGES:

THE DOWNFALL:

CHANGING ROOM:

MEDIA HANDLING:

ON BENCH:

FINAL WORDS:

Erol Buran
Istanbul
I hope the snow is not too bad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.