Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggsyblueskin

Player Valuation: £40m
With all the furore around the club at present I thought I’d set down my own wishes for the future and see what others hoped for in reply.
I desire two things from Everton, success and entertainment and I don’t believe the two are mutually exclusive.
When Moshiri came in I naively thought the path way we would follow was one of gradual improvement, I didn’t expect us to succeed overnight.
I had hoped we would appoint a young ambitious manager supported by a highly competent DoF.
I also hoped we would establish a style of play throughout the club that emphasised skilful, aggressive and entertaining football and that this would be supported by recruiting and developing younger players through the academy.
We got Walsh and Koeman.
Our recruitment and the overall performance of the academy has actually deteriorated over the last five years.
The appointment of Benitez has been anathema for me not because of his past associations but because of his dire reductive footballing style. Even worse is the suggestion that he will be given carte- blanche to embed his corrosive style throughout the club.
Football at its heart is an entertainment not a weekly chore to be endured in the hope your team can grind out enough wins to survive or finish 7th.
Build a team that plays skilful, aggressive and exciting football and success may follow but even if it doesn’t going to the game will become something to look forward to once more as opposed to an appointment for two hours of purgatory.
So in conclusion I would ask Mr. Moshiri to replace our current manager with a younger manager in the ascendant, (I would go for Marcelo Gallardo but there are doubtless many other suggestions out there), either release Brands to work with him without any interference from above or replace him if he is not deemed good enough. Commit to developing a footballing style throughout the
club that reflects the expectations of Evertonians (for inspiration look to the teams of the 60s I grew up on and to Mr Kendall’s superlative teams of the mid eighties).
Success isn’t only measured in trophies but in playing football that honours and continues the ethos of past Everton teams, any silverware will be the reward of that success, not the sole aim.

With all the furore around the club at present I thought I’d set down my own wishes for the future and see what others hoped for in reply.
I desire two things from Everton, success and entertainment and I don’t believe the two are mutually exclusive.
When Moshiri came in I naively thought the path way we would follow was one of gradual improvement, I didn’t expect us to succeed overnight.
I had hoped we would appoint a young ambitious manager supported by a highly competent DoF.
I also hoped we would establish a style of play throughout the club that emphasised skilful, aggressive and entertaining football and that this would be supported by recruiting and developing younger players through the academy.
We got Walsh and Koeman.
Our recruitment and the overall performance of the academy has actually deteriorated over the last five years.
The appointment of Benitez has been anathema for me not because of his past associations but because of his dire reductive footballing style. Even worse is the suggestion that he will be given carte- blanche to embed his corrosive style throughout the club.
Football at its heart is an entertainment not a weekly chore to be endured in the hope your team can grind out enough wins to survive or finish 7th.
Build a team that plays skilful, aggressive and exciting football and success may follow but even if it doesn’t going to the game will become something to look forward to once more as opposed to an appointment for two hours of purgatory.
So in conclusion I would ask Mr. Moshiri to replace our current manager with a younger manager in the ascendant, (I would go for Marcelo Gallardo but there are doubtless many other suggestions out there), either release Brands to work with him without any interference from above or replace him if he is not deemed good enough. Commit to developing a footballing style throughout the
club that reflects the expectations of Evertonians (for inspiration look to the teams of the 60s I grew up on and to Mr Kendall’s superlative teams of the mid eighties).
Success isn’t only measured in trophies but in playing football that honours and continues the ethos of past Everton teams, any silverware will be the reward of that success, not the sole aim.
Think you have nailed it there mate .

Status
Not open for further replies.