Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of the Everton fanbase....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insert "board" in place of fan base please...we are suffering due to scrap decisions by the former for the last 30 years!!. But blame the fans lad...ffs

Have you seen some of our fan base and the [Poor language removed] they accept?? Oh we would have been relegated without Sam, Bills doing a fantastic job

They are as culpable as the incompetent board for accepting the drivel that is spouted to them.

Oh yeah I forgot, the suffering fans didn’t applaud BK when his gigantic face appears on the big screen

Everton are 6th in the form table since Allardyce joined

This is a year in which it looks like traditionally solid premier league sides - Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will go down

Things could certainly have turned out worse for us given the terrible start. Allardyce has made a couple of good signings in Walcott and Tosun. A couple more good signings and we could be well placed for next season. He has a good group of support staff

The playing style is not always the most attractive, but you get the sense that with the right support, Allardyce can deliver solid results next year. This is certainly better than the days under Martinez when he refused to address the defensive problems...

Trying to get my head round why the seeming widespread dislike for him is so extreme given the results he's delivered and potential to improve next year - seems like an irrational ground swell of negativity with more getting drawn on to the band waggon......

There aren't that many realistically available better options out there (perhaps the experienced / proven at the top level Benitez or Ancelotti - certainly not the unproven Silva or Fonseca) - people could do worse than get behind Allardyce and decide he's earned the chance to show what he can do next season
Allardyce next season? Count me out for that.

We’re not Southampton Stoke or West Brom. We’ve won more than most of the bottom 13 combined and played more games in the top flight than most of them combined. Attempts to lump us in with them are nothing more than kopite propaganda.
Thing is history counts for nothing in the modern game.Forest two European Cups and a Super Cup and look where they are know.Going back in time doesn't change the total mismanagement that meant we didn't capitalise on our 80s success.

I totally agree, and this comes back to the other things I’ve said regarding the “people’s club”

That has morphed us into an acceptance of utter mediocrity, no matter what the big clubs do we’ll show faith with our players and managers as long as they keep our head above water in the PL

The club have latched into this, it’s brainwashed fans, media etc that plucky little Everton do things differently, we stick by our managers through thick and thin because we’re lucky to even be in the PL.

The club is rotten from the core, we have Everton fans who have seen the club win leagues and compete with the best resorting to accepting this, they believe the media hype and insecurity. Hence why we have this fat slug

And to top it off you have Kenwright coming out and telling the world he signed Rooney and none of our purchases will be sold; this speak volumes and highlights who is truly making the decision at the club.

Our fans need a wake up call, they want to compete then they need to rebel and let the board know that it is us, not them, who keep this club ticking over and relevant.

But we won’t do that, because on the other side of the fence will be the lads shouting “kopite behaviour”

Well said

Everton are 6th in the form table since Allardyce joined

This is a year in which it looks like traditionally solid premier league sides - Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will go down

Things could certainly have turned out worse for us given the terrible start. Allardyce has made a couple of good signings in Walcott and Tosun. A couple more good signings and we could be well placed for next season. He has a good group of support staff

The playing style is not always the most attractive, but you get the sense that with the right support, Allardyce can deliver solid results next year. This is certainly better than the days under Martinez when he refused to address the defensive problems...

Trying to get my head round why the seeming widespread dislike for him is so extreme given the results he's delivered and potential to improve next year - seems like an irrational ground swell of negativity with more getting drawn on to the band waggon......

There aren't that many realistically available better options out there (perhaps the experienced / proven at the top level Benitez or Ancelotti - certainly not the unproven Silva or Fonseca) - people could do worse than get behind Allardyce and decide he's earned the chance to show what he can do next season
Where do you start responding to this?

Where do you start responding to this?

Pretty obvious really, the mindset put forward is that things could be worse, it’s the “We don’t want to be a Leeds, Portsmouth “ all over again. How about a more united feeling of “hey this could be better” with the fans, would make a change.

A sad indictment of EFC in this City nowadays is if you look on oddschecker the bookies have us second favourites to beat relegation haunted Southampton at home on Saturday @13/8 best odds ,whilst them across the park are shorter odds than that @6/4 to win the Champions league.
We are poles apart now yet some think it's good enough.
If so we need to change our motto to ' anything will do as long as we stay afloat '
I had to just check that myself, as I thought no way would we be longer odds than Saints, considering we are at home. But you're right, we're actually longer than 2/1 now on some of the exchanges. Crazy really considering we've actually beaten EVERYONE below us at home this season other than WBA!

Nothing to do with the fans it's to do with money.

Have you seen some of the comments, I’m astounded that a generation which witnessed the holy trinity and our first European trophy have been more than acceptable of the Kenwright regime and the appointment of Sam Allardyce.

The majority of our fanbase HAVE accepted the status quo that we are plucky little Everton, they believe what the club and the media have shoved down our face for 20 years

Do you honestly think any of the top 6 teams would appoint allardyce if they had a bad start to next season?? The answer is no. Not some of our fans, they believed that without him we’d go down, they have it burnt into their brains that we are surviving on a shoestring and one false move will catapult us in to the lower depths of English football.

It’s why they have been accepting of an extremely poor management of a club, never questioning the blatantly obvious corruption that was going on because “bill loves Everton, he only wants the best”

Have you seen some of the comments, I’m astounded that a generation which witnessed the holy trinity and our first European trophy have been more than acceptable of the Kenwright regime and the appointment of Sam Allardyce.

The majority of our fanbase HAVE accepted the status quo that we are plucky little Everton, they believe what the club and the media have shoved down our face for 20 years

Do you honestly think any of the top 6 teams would appoint allardyce if they had a bad start to next season?? The answer is no. Not some of our fans, they believed that without him we’d go down, they have it burnt into their brains that we are surviving on a shoestring and one false move will catapult us in to the lower depths of English football.

It’s why they have been accepting of an extremely poor management of a club, never questioning the blatantly obvious corruption that was going on because “bill loves Everton, he only wants the best”

I agree with some of your points.

My main point is that our biggest problem is money. That's the biggest factor that holds us back in terms of breaking the top 4\6 and in attracting the highest caliber of players\manager.

We can demand all we want but unless we have the money to match our ambition it's not going to count for much.

Yeah, that doesn't mean we should accept poor appointments and recruitment but we have to base our expectations on our current standing in the game. If we want to attract top 6 level players we're going to have to pay more than an established top 6 club would do to have any realistic chance of getting them.

So far, Moshiri hasn't shown we can do that or that he has the will to.

Been like that for 30 years...what's new??

Have the fans been like that for 30 years? I think there was a time when that could be true. However, I think most would agree that that is not the prevailing feeling among the fans of the club today. I think the vast majority of the fans want to see the next manager hired be a person that shouts intent on moving forward towards achievement.

It may or may not work out, but I think we all want to feel the club has the same intentions as we do as supporters.

I agree with some of your points.

My main point is that our biggest problem is money. That's the biggest factor that holds us back in terms of breaking the top 4\6 and in attracting the highest caliber of players\manager.

We can demand all we want but unless we have the money to match our ambition it's not going to count for much.

Yeah, that doesn't mean we should accept poor appointments and recruitment but we have to base our expectations on our current standing in the game. If we want to attract top 6 level players we're going to have to pay more than an established top 6 club would do to have any realistic chance of getting them.

So far, Moshiri hasn't shown we can do that or that he has the will to.

I believe Sam Allardyce is the 8 or 9th best paid manager in world football and us being one Europe’s biggest spenders over the past 2 years. The money over that time has not been the issue, it’s the recruitment which has.

Whether that money is recycled or not, there was enough available over that time to make inroads into at least challenging for the top 4. it was failed experiment which has set us back years.

I don't think it's fair to compare even Moyes with Allardyce, the situations in which they took over the Club were totally different, Moyes had to be pragmatic with the squad he had, we were genuine relegation battlers back then, he really did do what he had to do to keep us up, even somehow got 4th with that group of players on solid defence.

He did have his hands tied though financially and he had to build the squad incrementally over the years and when he had better players the football did improve but he could not make any headway against those above him, 5th on regular occasions was good for the finances available. Sam took over an expensively assembled side, albeit a very disjointed one and still failed to play any sort of attacking football despite spending another £50m himself.

Moyes went stale but for the most part in the league he did as good as he could, the cups are another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.