2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have another year and then he's gone. I can't see anyone taking him off our hands and he definitely won't be offered a contract. I reckon we might get 10-15 games out of him max. Even if he's fit I think he's behind Allan, Doucoure, Davies and Gbamin if we play 4-2-3-1. He might get an odd game at left back. When he leaves we cam put it down to experience.
Gbamin… ha ha. Him and Delph are practically roommates.
Not sure either will get to play 10 games a season

Top player, good professional. He'll do well for us under Råfa this coming season.
Not a top player nor good professional IMO. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t get a squad number. I suspect he’ll be moved out

Not a top player nor good professional IMO. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t get a squad number. I suspect he’ll be moved out
And who do you believe is going to buy someone who is neither a top player nor a good professional and not worthy of a squad number?

And who do you believe is going to buy someone who is neither a top player nor a good professional and not worthy of a squad number?
He adds no value now to any team on the field and I suspect off it also. Maybe pay as you play? Contract terminated by mutual consent?
Clearly I’m not a fan, but I’m hoping for a big shake up in the squad, with a clear out of players that contribute zero. These recent incomings adding where players like Delph don’t to the squad.
Although we did manage to shift Darren Gibson, so who knows.
Of course all speculation and time will tell..

He adds no value now to any team on the field and I suspect off it also. Maybe pay as you play? Contract terminated by mutual consent?
Clearly I’m not a fan, but I’m hoping for a big shake up in the squad, with a clear out of players that contribute zero. These recent incomings adding where players like Delph don’t to the squad.
Although we did manage to shift Darren Gibson, so who knows.
Of course all speculation and time will tell..
Not sure like, but doesn't he have one season left on his contract? Delph doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will walk away from what I suspect is a very high weekly wage; there is no incentive for him to leave if he isn't going to get close to the same pay deal at another club, not when he's guaranteed his wages with us until next year. For better or worse, mostly worse, I fear we are stuck with him :(

As for Darren Gibson, didn't we give him a contract extension after he knocked a cyclist off his bike and smashed into a petrol pump whilst drunk driving? :D

Not sure like, but doesn't he have one season left on his contract? Delph doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will walk away from what I suspect is a very high weekly wage; there is no incentive for him to leave if he isn't going to get close to the same pay deal at another club, not when he's guaranteed his wages with us until next year. For better or worse, mostly worse, I fear we are stuck with him :(

As for Darren Gibson, didn't we give him a contract extension after he knocked a cyclist off his bike and smashed into a petrol pump whilst drunk driving? :D
Yeah, agreed. I was referring to a mutual beneficial agreement. Completely pie in the sky suggestion in the context of a squad clear out.
As for DG, top of my head stuff. I don’t recall the contract extension after his misdemeanors. I’ll put that down to my aging cerebral matter. We did manage shift him on though.

Top player, good professional. He'll do well for us under Råfa this coming season.

Do you like him or not? It's very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.