[Fans View] Why are some Everton fans so fickle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
Last weekend we lost for the first time this year in the league, admittedly to a bottom of the table side such as Fulham but it proved a loss that was very hard to take by some blues. Evertonian’s are by no means unique in this petulancy, it occurs across the board.

At the start of each season it is a racing certainty that every team will lose matches at sometime in the season, it just has to happen no matter how much you lash out for players you still get beat such is the nature of the beast. So why do fans suddenly stop applying logic and decide to throw tantrums instead, is defeat such a bad thing, is it excusable, to some may be not.

[imga=right]http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/images/yourviews2.jpg[/imga] If our squad was 45 plus players big then getting upset is more understandable, it is a case of higher expectations not being achieved because of a reason or cause when you are supposed to have sufficient team players to cover all aspects. Large squads of that size are only available to the mega rich teams of which we are not one. We, like most other clubs, have to survive on a much smaller squad size thus increasing the wear and tear factors on our players by many times. Our smaller squad has its bonus, our team spirit is more easily kept amongst lads who play for each other, with very few exceptions. The Fulham game highlighted our prime weakness, no matter how fit or well paid your players are how many times can you ask them to go to well in a season and come back with the goods, our lads have to do so much more than the rest.

As an old blue I felt a tad let down by the side after the Fulham game but when recalling the many time far worse things had happened, even with championship teams I found it easier to forgive because of all the work and endeavour those players had put in so far this season, especially the previous Wednesday evening. Others mind you showed no such consideration berating each and every one of the team for a poor display, it is incredible how quickly they soon forget the Smith era. how soon they turn heroes into zeros

As fans we get emotional, it is part of what being a fan is all about, you are an Everton fanatic. What you must do is always remember that each player should also be an EFC fanatic, believe in the club, believe in the fans and want to do their best every time they set foot on the park. I believe our present squad, with two notable exceptions, does this week in and week out. I believe that the squad will be hurt by that Fulham result but I also suspect that they will find it hard to lift themselves back to the right winning frame of mind especially if some supporters fail show pride in the side. Any pro footballer will tell you they need that feeling far more than any pay packet. At present the side is flat, having tried so hard in two cup competitions and failed and it will take a lot of effort after last weeks lack lustre display to get the team going not only tonight but until the end of the season. We as fans must take our share of the responsibility, understand rather than gripe, get behind the lads rather than snipe, it is imperative for the remainder of this season if we are to finish in fourth or fifth. The squad is threadbare due to the high rate of matches having produced a glut of injuries, it cannot be easy, no matter how much you are paid, to play high tempo games twice a week for weeks on end. It will be our team out there, the best that Moyes has available to him so get behind them from now until seasons end because the Goodison faithful are the best twelfth man in the country, stop being fickle be blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.