Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
I’m just amazed how much money these players have been contracted for by previous managers and the DOF who have very little or zero salability.

Interesting that the 20 clubs voted on limiting "substantial" sponsership deals in the wake of the Newcastle takeover in which 18 clubs agreed including us - City abstained from the vote and Newcastle voted no.

Wonder if the USM naming rights has already pre approved or could it be a sign of the owners being confident in ours getting passed and just want to try stop the Saudi's giving Newcastle crazy sponsers?

@catcherintherye

Is there anyone who can categorically say that we're 'safe' or are we essentially running on empty at the moment?

We don't look like we'll get relegated (which is nice for once) but we're nowhere near good enough for a spot in Europe (where the money is).

Are we hoping Moshiri dumps more money on us? Can he? I'm not convinced (other than the stadium) he's clever with his money.

Interesting that the 20 clubs voted on limiting "substantial" sponsership deals in the wake of the Newcastle takeover in which 18 clubs agreed including us - City abstained from the vote and Newcastle voted no.

Wonder if the USM naming rights has already pre approved or could it be a sign of the owners being confident in ours getting passed and just want to try stop the Saudi's giving Newcastle crazy sponsers?

@catcherintherye

I believe, from what I`ve read, that Moshiri`s stake in USM is only 8% which means we get around this.

Not sure if this is correct or true, but perhaps someone with more knowledge can put some meat on the bones......

Is there anyone who can categorically say that we're 'safe' or are we essentially running on empty at the moment?

We don't look like we'll get relegated (which is nice for once) but we're nowhere near good enough for a spot in Europe (where the money is).

Are we hoping Moshiri dumps more money on us? Can he? I'm not convinced (other than the stadium) he's clever with his money.
You don't think a billionaire accountant is clever with his money?

I disagree, I just don't think he has a clue about football and has trusted the wrong people to spend his money.

Why doesn't moshri sack the board and bring in people with football nous

Makes me wonder why he's standing by whilst millions are wasted. It's akin to brewster millions

You don't think a billionaire accountant is clever with his money?

I disagree, I just don't think he has a clue about football and has trusted the wrong people to spend his money.
It's not that simple. Being successful doesn't guarantee future success in everything you do.

Philip green is a billionaire and look at his recent record.

I am pleased with his ambition and delivery on the stadium.

However, I am massive displeased with his running of the club beyond that because of what appears to be his constant meddling in the decisions of those below him. To me, it feels like Marcel brands has done a poor job but I also think his hands have been tied and snap decisions have been made out of Moshiri’s over excitement to be a “disruptor” club which is simply not the case. The only thing we have been disrupting in the last 10 years is my sleep.

@catcherintherye
Didn’t stop Sports Direct putting their name over everything Newcastle related and who were they owned by