Homepage Article Farhad Moshiri on ESL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally believe that our class would have rubbed off on him and he wouldn't join. However I don't think we've been asked to join so I think we should keep quiet and get on with the job at hand which is to play footie and play it well.

Normally, I'd agree but I thin k the situation was urgent and there wasn't much sign of leadership from elsewhere. A line had to be drawn pretty clearly.

I doubt we were approached. Because it would have been used as an amazing PR master stroke (and rightly so) if we had been invited and declined.
I think it’s unlikely too but the reason I thought they might have is simply one of financial backing that Everton have now. And the Super League is purely the ‘richest’ clubs not the best.

I think it’s unlikely too but the reason I thought they might have is simply one of financial backing that Everton have now. And the Super League is purely the ‘richest’ clubs not the best.
I thought it was the clubs who generated the most interest/money. (That was my take on it although I could be wrong)

Why would people seriously think that we would be approached to be in this super league? We are hardly regular qualifiers for European competitions, and the last time we played in Europe we pretty much embarrassed ourselves in the Europa League. I think there were plenty of clubs ahead of us that would have been considered before us.

I thought it was the clubs who generated the most interest/money. (That was my take on it although I could be wrong)
You could well be correct and it makes sense too but it depends on how they measure ‘interest’ (and how that translates to money). Obviously LFC and Man U. have lots of lunatics following them in, say, Asia - it’s just that I’d be amazed if that was true of Spurs and to some extent Chelsea and Arsenal - yes the latter have been successful in terms of trophies in the last 20 years but has that resulted in a lot of Gooners in Shanghai, say? Or shrines to Mourinho? (Genuine question about global interest)

See the Spanish FA are towing the line sheepishly, no action to be taken against RM, AM and Bar a, they already have had reputation and fan sanctions against them, whatever that's supposed to Kean. Utterly gutless and toothless, bound to follow on here now that the precedent has been set. UEFA also RM will still be allowed to continue in the Champions League.
Perez has already said super league is just on hold, until they can tweak it. I will bet that all these apologies are just empty words to please the media and fool their customers. Action is needed sadly doubt it will happen.

You could well be correct and it makes sense too but it depends on how they measure ‘interest’ (and how that translates to money). Obviously LFC and Man U. have lots of lunatics following them in, say, Asia - it’s just that I’d be amazed if that was true of Spurs and to some extent Chelsea and Arsenal - yes the latter have been successful in terms of trophies in the last 20 years but has that resulted in a lot of Gooners in Shanghai, say? Or shrines to Mourinho? (Genuine question about global interest)
I think you are right about the ‘recently successful clubs’ being commercially successful around the world and if I had to pick the 6 clubs from this country it would have been those 6 to be honest. (In the absence of actually googling the answer)

I wonder what the likes of Bury ,Bolton, Portsmouth, Wrexham fans are feeling knowing that their clubs we’re docked points and sent spiralling down the pyramid,out the league and even out of existence ,because of useless owners who broke the rules ,yet the fans of this spineless 6 who for years plotted to leave the Pl and destroy the very essence of football are saying don’t punish us it was the owners ,throw the book at these traitors ,moshiri was spot on

Yep. Actually a 30 point immediate deduction effective from now should be considered. Arsenal would be relegated and potentially Spurs. Could only see City come out of that in the top 4 (hell they could probably still win it they're that far superior a team to all the others in the league).

Not a bad idea. And if they keep on with it. Bin them
I would go 15 points this season and 15 points next season to

They should be punished, but I can’t see that in a million years. Should the league tolerate mutinies? Just because they are top clubs (and Arsenal) doesn’t mean they should be immune. Can’t see the league showing any spine here.

They should be punished, but I can’t see that in a million years. Should the league tolerate mutinies? Just because they are top clubs (and Arsenal) doesn’t mean they should be immune. Can’t see the league showing any spine here.

I always remember Middlesbrough getting docked 3 points for failing to fulfil a fixture away at Blackburn ,I wonder what the punishment for treachery and utter contempt of the footballing pyramid is

Status
Not open for further replies.