Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's ok folks, someone on RAWK has said exactly what's going to happen under Moshiri and what his intentions are..

"Their giddiness and delusion over this investment is hilarious but understandable. They've essentially gone from shopping in Aldi to shopping in ASDA. Moshiri on his own isn't going to pump a great deal of money into the club. He's been described as a glorified accountant and that has a ring of truth to it but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everton need someone like him with some nous with money to get them on their feet and to head in the right direction. It won't be easy - they are a small club with a small fanbase with limited commercial appeal and a stadium that is dilapidated and barely fit for purpose. They are the facts, that is not me speaking to belittle them or to claim our superiority. They were great in the 80's and once were a big club but times have changed and football has changed and they've regressed on and off the pitch.

They have delusions of grandeur about what this investment actually means. Moshiri is worth a touch over a billion. In this current climate that's pretty small fry though and they don't understand it. Any money that they spend this summer and beyond will probably not come from him. The TV money and any other commercial deals they get will fund their transfers, not Moshiri. There's always a possibility that he participates in some good PR work and directly funds a transfer early on or perhaps puts a couple of million extra in to fund one that won't get done otherwise. Yet the idea that a man worth just over £1bn is going to put tens of millions into buying new players is naive. He's a businessman, he's still worth a hell of a lot of money and he hasn't achieved that by throwing that money on things that don't have a high chance of working out.

He's investing at the right time, I'll give him that. In 5 years time providing they stay in the league and continue to float around mid-table or slightly better then he'll be able to sell for a nice profit. He won't have to do much as I said, he'll just balance the books, use the TV money to spend on players and get a couple of better sponsors. Everton fans don't realise that we aren't in the late 90's anymore. They will have to spend decent money to stay still. £20 million quid today is spent on a defensive midfielder... by Stoke. I don't know what they are expecting to happen. Their best signings this summer will be those who stay, not who comes in. Sure, they'll likely spend big for them but others teams will do the same and those other teams are already in a much better position than them (West Ham, Southampton, Stoke, Leicester, Spurs).

Usmanov is a pipe dream. He's just increased his stake in Arsenal. Why would he gamble on having to invest hundreds of millions in Everton due to a new stadium and players when he has a sure cash cow with Arsenal? Power, apparently. He wants glory. Well, maybe. But the idea that he's likely to get glory by investing in a club that's the second biggest in it's own small city rather than a club with a 60,000 seater stadium in the heart of one of the world's biggest cities is insane. If he was going to do it he would have done it. He has more money than he knows what to do with, there wouldn't need to be any staged investment or planning. He wouldn't need Moshiri to get the ball rolling. If Usmanov wanted Everton then Kenwright would have sold to him faster than you could say "Where's the Arteta money?"

So, on the whole, it's probably good news for them. However they won't really move forwards, they'll likely stay where they are. And they should be grateful of that because they've gone backwards for as long as I can remember"
Oh dear, someone is worried lol

Spent the last 4 days reading everything I can find about our new Persian overlord and can sum up what I think about the whole thing with this...
stoge.gif

Ladies and gentlemen. Everton FC are about to shake the Sky 4 by their collective bollox and give them a damn good rattling.

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

.....as always, @tommye says a thousand words in a single picture.

I just have images of the new owners calling a meeting of Evertons brightest and best. After weeks of crunching the numbers and debating possibilities. A rabble step forward to address our new overlords and a plucky young lad steps forward to speak on behalf of the masses. "Errrr, we wanna redo Goodison or if not tha Docks"

Oh dear, someone is worried lol

He may or may not be worried but the fact he took the time to write a piece that in depth says he's certainly bothered. Unpopular as this may be I don't dislike Liverpool and by the same token I'm not one of those who goes the lengths to say I'm not bothered by them. Everyone is bothered by them. They are our nearest rival, if they don't bother us then they aren't a rival. He can kid himself all he likes, this takeover may just stabilise us. It may send us into the big time. The fact is nobody knows who's going to be involved in it because nobody has said anything. You have to have a pretty dull life to sit up and write on forums late at night about teams that don't bother you. Either that or he's just bitter

I just have images of the new owners calling a meeting of Evertons brightest and best. After weeks of crunching the numbers and debating possibilities. A rabble step forward to address our new overlords and a plucky young lad steps forward to speak on behalf of the masses. "Errrr, we wanna redo Goodison or if not tha Docks"
Yeah baby pour some more oil on it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back