Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
@Bullet

I've just had another gander at the accounts. At year-end, we had net assets of ~92 million pounds as opposed to a deficit of (43) million pounds twelve months previously.

So, there, young man is,as near as damn it, your 100 million pound warchest, of which we spent ~60 million pounds. Now, in reality, not all of those net assets ( which are basically Moshiri's loans ) would have been available for transfers, but it's close enough for me.

Anyone who still thinks Moshiri is a fraud ( and, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not pointing the finger at you here ), is in danger of looking very stupid. Have a great Christmas mate, and hopefully we'll see a net spend of ~20 million pounds in January ;)

And same to you Woolly.:cheers:

That is the same or part of the BS, not Trading or P & L.
Yes, the figure is an item on the Consolidated and Company Balance Sheets.
That is the same or part of the BS, not Trading or P & L.
Correct.The item does appear on the Consolidated and Company Balance Sheets.
I'm not 100% sure what the term "classed as equity" means as the Called Up Share Capital is still £35K (35,000 £1 shares) and the Share Premium Account is unaffected.

I still don’t believe he is working in isolation, he is reported to be worth a billion plus.

Consider he put in 150 million in the calendar year, a reported 80 million to buy his shareholding and prob half that again eventually to buy the remains tbh shares.

That’s a significant chunk of personal wealth in a very short space of time I think for him to be working in isolation.

I’m not one to believe that we will ever see the Public face of Usmanov at Everton, but I believe Moshiri is working as part of some kind of consortium.

It only takes a handful of reasonable results to sway people's perceptions of Moshiri.

There's only two ways for us we can judge him: progress on the stadium; net spend on the squad. The rest is just nonsense. Whatever he's put into the club is a personal investment he'll get back in spades.

I still dont see a game changer here. Glacial progress on the stadium and low net spending. He'll have been here two years in March/April and we'll effectively be no further forward. We've gone down in the pecking order of the PL in terms of status, the squad is worse, and we have a firefighter as a manager.

They're the scores on the doors when you strip away all the BS.

It only takes a handful of reasonable results to sway people's perceptions of Moshiri.

There's only two ways for us we can judge him: progress on the stadium; net spend on the squad. The rest is just nonsense. Whatever he's put into the club is a personal investment he'll get back in spades.

I still dont see a game changer here. Glacial progress on the stadium and low net spending. He'll have been here two years in March/April and we'll effectively be no further forward. We've gone down in the pecking order of the PL in terms of status, the squad is worse, and we have a firefighter as a manager.

They're the scores on the doors when you strip away all the BS.

Bless you Dave, by March/April work will have started on the stadium and we will have spent in excess of 300m on players.

But lets strip away the BS shall we.

I still don’t believe he is working in isolation, he is reported to be worth a billion plus.

Consider he put in 150 million in the calendar year, a reported 80 million to buy his shareholding and prob half that again eventually to buy the remains tbh shares.

That’s a significant chunk of personal wealth in a very short space of time I think for him to be working in isolation.

I’m not one to believe that we will ever see the Public face of Usmanov at Everton, but I believe Moshiri is working as part of some kind of consortium.
Don't forget he sold his Arsenal shares to Usmanov prior to his Everton involvement. Was it for around 200m? Still up. ;)

Was about to write the same thing. What he spends from now will be the interesting part.
I think he is here in the main for the stadium issue. He has "fixed" the balance sheet to make the club attractive to investment/loans to get an amazing (hopefully) stadium built. The long term payment structure is in place to allow(again hopefully) proper investment into the squad each season without heavily being affected by stadium repayments.
I think when the stadium is underway, he may acquire the extra shares, and we may even see more investors coming into Everton after that.

Or of course, I have no idea and am writing utter fluff. ;)

Thanks - just had a very quick look. See the loan isn't from BHHL, but Bluesky Capital Ltd. IoM company owned by FM with same registered agent/office as BHHL. No point in looking any further as only public docs are cert of incorporation, mem and arts and a couple of annual returns.
Thing is, if you vault me, you should find a post relating to FM selling his share of Red and White Holdings to Usmanov, which if as reported was 200mil, was at a substantial premium given the listed price for Arsenal shares at that time.
Bit weird as Usmanov was getting a "dead" holding.
I really should get a hobby.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back