Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We did buy some good players Gana mk1, Richarlison and Digne as you say but we had to sell them. We bought a lot more bad ones than good ones and by that I mean players who came in and who didn’t improve the team. We wasted a ton of money paying off managers and their staff, we wasted another ton of money on the inflated wages for players who didn’t help the team move forward. A football club does not usually undergo the decline we have because somebody changed the rules and didn’t tell us, we knew what was happening and the decision takers took the wrong decisions. I cannot accept that our fall from grace is purely down to some bad luck, it is down to bad management and now that bad management team are doubling down and looking for a scapegoat, the fan base.

You make some good points but I'm just trying to get across the idea that there isn't a play book to become successful. With best intentions you can still falter, Arsenal and United after huge periods of success and all the capital in the world still made mistake after mistake in the transfer market. They could just simply bin and keep going... Ronaldo for utd, ozil for Arsenal, these deals would crash our profit and loss figures and we would be done. So you can see for them you have to get a period where things are good to be successful...for us it had to be perfect and no one is perfect. That's what those rules have helped create.

Don't get me wrong we have made big mistakes but even from that second season Moshiri was here we were hamstrung, those other clubs it wouldn't have been an issue. Do you see how that puts at a competitive disadvantage?

As for luck, in November 2021 the PL rules slackened for related sponsorship by March 2022 we had to cut all ties with USM companies. Just at the point we might have been able to resolve these financial issues we had the rug pulled from out under us. There has been countless others, just for starters Giroud pulling out at the last moment that might have made that side be okay, ZZ deciding to leave Madrid that season leaving an opening for Carlo to go back.

The combined efforts of luck, regulations and bad recruitment and planning caused the hole we have struggled to get out of.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back