Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,289 92.3%

• Total voters
So, sensational headlines aside heres what that actually seems to mean:

1. Moshiris company held a 5% stake in USM. 5 other companies held a significant stake in USM.
2. A case was filed 1 year ago in Russian courts suing 6 foreign companies that held shares in USM
3. The case was to seize their USM shares, and legally turn them back over to USM and Usmanov, since their countries had sanctioned USM.
4. The case has ALREADY been completed, and that has already been done.

If you read the article past the headline, its basically Russia didnt like being sanctioned, so it is stripping foreign companies of shares in Russian companies and returning them to the russian companies.

1. Moshiris company held a 5% stake in USM. 5 other companies held a significant stake in USM.
2. A case was filed 1 year ago in Russian courts suing 6 foreign companies that held shares in USM
3. The case was to seize their USM shares, and legally turn them back over to USM and Usmanov, since their countries had sanctioned USM.

If you read the article past the headline, its basically Russia didnt like being sanctioned, so it is stripping foreign companies of shares in Russian companies and returning them to the russian companies.

Exactly this ☝️

It was a response to the G7 Sanctions plan about siezing Russian assets and using it for Ukraine

Same thing

Usmanov and Moshiri have fallen out though. Been known about for some time

One concern for bidders, which at least one group has discussed, is whether any payment to Moshiri is at risk of breaking sanction laws if the purchase money is used to pay damages to Usmanov — though one source close to Moshiri with knowledge of the case insists that UK laws and regulations would prevent him from paying damages.

From the article.

That doesn't seem like it'd be a real worry, surely. What Moshiri does with the money is of no concern to - or responsibility of - the purchaser.

Verrrrry big reach to make any of it an Everton story.

This actually explains the drop of is his wealth if he was relying on dividends or finances from companies in sanctioned countries.

His personal investment and covering our losses in Everton pretty much halted when the war in Ukraine began.

What a sliding door moment in hindsight for us!

The damage was done in 2022

It's people on here raking up hot coals and getting burnt by the fire that started two years ago.

From the article.

That doesn't seem like it'd be a real worry, surely. What Moshiri does with the money is of no concern to - or responsibility of - the purchaser.

Yeah, I mean, logically even if he had to pay Usmanov, he legally can't. Seems like a non-issue to the sale, but is why we can't finance the stadium, squad etc for the past 2-3 years.

Seems to me that this is all just a work around.

Moshiri own shares in Russian company, can’t take a profit out of it, so worthless. Or can’t be seen to have ties.

Usminov can.

“Tell you what Farhad lad, I’ll sue you, you give back the USM stock, look great, you manage the stuff west of Ukriane - you can stay in my London pad and wel divy up later, don’t stress on Everton, get out of there and I’ll take the £450 mill hit.”.

Seems to me that this is all just a work around.

Moshiri own shares in Russian company, can’t take a profit out of it, so worthless. Or can’t be seen to have ties.

Usminov can.

“Tell you what Farhad lad, I’ll sue you, you give back the USM stock, look great, you manage the stuff west of Ukriane - you can stay in my London pad and wel divy up later, don’t stress on Everton, get out of there and I’ll take the £450 mill hit.”.
Nobody takes a £450 million hit, or as a matter of fact a £200 mill hit from the loss of USM sponsorship, not even Everton.

777 partners magically appear, loan it and fold.

Oligarch's accountants know every trick in the book, especially how to present things and themselves to the wider world as clueless.

When he said they didn't need help in financing the stadium they meant it.

The way they go about it is just different and make Chelsea's PSR dodges look like small potatoes.

A real haystack of backscratchers.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back