Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
February 2016:

Kenwright, 70, said: I believe we have found the perfect partner to take the club forward. I have got to know Farhad well over the last 18 months and his football knowledge, financial wherewithal and True Blue spirit have convinced me that he is the right man to support Everton.’

Moshiri added: ‘I am delighted to take this opportunity to become a shareholder in Everton, with its rich heritage as one of Europe’s leading football clubs. There has never been a more level playing field in the Premier League than now. Bill Kenwright has taught me what it means to be an Evertonian and I look forward to working with him to help deliver success for Everton in the future.’

Forgive me for doubting that a 62 year old Iranian who has held an interest and desire to co-own (lol) Arsenal for over ten years - suddenly woke up a blue one day after speaking tom Kenwright.

Did make me think of something though, under Blue Bill, the tag line of Born a Blue - Born not Manufactured etc was rammed down everyone's throats as a chest thumping identity etc, how does that tally with all this crap he then spouted? Also by doing that line - he pissed all over one of the greatest statements ever made by a club legend in what Bally said about Everton...

It doesn't look great but all we have is conjecture and the records of other board members over the years. Just what is the trigger for the additional share purchase?

If a lot of what's happened could have been directly influenced or led by FM then we have real problems. Issue is we just don't know, maybe it's BK and JW exercising their collective strength while they can?

Until he has majority at board level he should have the benefit of the doubt.

Best case scenario, is that he is willing to look incompetent and be disliked and called a fraud by a huge section of the supporters mate, just so he can eventually get what he wants, which begs the question - why did he situate himself as a successful bloke with a very good business reputation - into this situation?

Alarm bells should be ringing - or else we can find ourselves walking into the abyss before we even realise its gone dark.

Maybe, it's as simple as full ownership is only signed over when the stadium is a certainty to be built?

Could well be, or even just once a bucket is in the water so to speak.

Best case scenario, is that he is willing to look incompetent and be disliked and called a fraud by a huge section of the supporters mate, just so he can eventually get what he wants, which begs the question - why did he situate himself as a successful bloke with a very good business reputation - into this situation?

Alarm bells should be ringing - or else we can find ourselves walking into the abyss before we even realise its gone dark.

Its very odd and surprising he seems to have been so easily outflanked by the Bill Media Corps™

Old ground but there needs to be a clean sweep including professional PR so we have some idea of intentions

Could well be, or even just once a bucket is in the water so to speak.

Its very odd and surprising he seems to have been so easily outflanked by the Bill Media Corps™

Old ground but there needs to be a clean sweep including professional PR so we have some idea of intentions

Simply put he isnt't a football man he's a high level accountant

and by football man i mean one who realises how 'the game' is played behind the scenes and with the media.

BTW Usmanov himself has made some high profile PR blunders - including hiring a PR firm which was found to have edited his Wiki pages to remove certain details and change others

Usmanov also has been outflanked at Arsenal and continues to look pretty stupid sat there as well mate.

In the business they normally operate they can flex there muscle against less wealthy competitors, in football they can't do that to the same degree - so as has been shown now - they can be made to look like a Elephant getting the run around off a gang of mice.

Honestly think we are stuck with Bill till he passes away, even if the share options are there and dependant on the new ground to be activated, i would fully expect Bill to mess around as much as he could to delay that new stadium ever being built, he's done the exact same once before in order to maintain his power on the club, why would he not do it once more

I actually think his health made him act - so he'd be seen as the man who enabled the stadium move etc, then he recovered and had second thoughts about giving up the power, i.e Bill always comes first - unless for a moment he thought there was not gonna be a Bill much longer...

To be fair to Bill he's done a great job there...'you need to get their hopes right up and just at that point is where it is at its highest is when you pull the rug right from underneath them, that's what being an Evertonian is. Think you can handle that Farhad?'
True that.

He's a chip off the old block in that respect.

Forgive me for doubting that a 62 year old Iranian who has held an interest and desire to co-own (lol) Arsenal for over ten years - suddenly woke up a blue one day after speaking tom Kenwright.

Did make me think of something though, under Blue Bill, the tag line of Born a Blue - Born not Manufactured etc was rammed down everyone's throats as a chest thumping identity etc, how does that tally with all this crap he then spouted? Also by doing that line - he pissed all over one of the greatest statements ever made by a club legend in what Bally said about Everton...
Bill Kenwright has taught me what it means to be an Evertonian:

Manager: Sam"the Bung"Allardyce
Assistant Manager: Craig"Judas"Shakespeare
First Team Coach: Sammy"Bitter Kopite"Lee

Bill and "The Mosh" have "got this".

Bill Kenwright has taught me what it means to be an Evertonian:

Manager: Sam"the Bung"Allardyce
Assistant Manager: Craig"Judas"Shakespeare
First Team Coach: Sammy"Bitter Kopite"Lee

Bill and "The Mosh" have "got this".

It is rather amusing.

Unless this is all 100% Mosh...you telling me Kenwrong didn't have his say?

This is Moshiri 100%.

There's no way Kenwright would have ignored the strength of feeling over an appointment like this.

Moshiri looks to his share value and doesn't give a flying one.

Will give you a curveball here Dave

Allardyce will 100% clear out all the old boy network amongst the coaching staff - effectively to make room for his own people
Allardyce will not be at the club for a long period - decent chance when he goes so too does Walsh and 100% the rest of his staff follow him out the door.

IS Moshiri doing it as a way of cleaning house in the future...

Because Post Allardyce the chances are we will have no DoF and a empty coaching roster.

Just an idea, and a very dangerous game to play for Moshiri as it leaves us open to whatever damage Allardyce does in order for a longer term theory of a clean slate for a new setup...

Any goodwill he has remaining with a lot of supporters will be eliminated once he brings in Big Sam and his entourage on a big multi year contract

Maybe the extreme negative reaction from large swathes of the fan base will make him think twice about this?

Sadly not Mikey, he backed down on it once before by accounts, if he has gone back in he will do it now

Will give you a curveball here Dave

Allardyce will 100% clear out all the old boy network amongst the coaching staff - effectively to make room for his own people
Allardyce will not be at the club for a long period - decent chance when he goes so too does Walsh and 100% the rest of his staff follow him out the door.

IS Moshiri doing it as a way of cleaning house in the future...

Because Post Allardyce the chances are we will have no DoF and a empty coaching roster.

Just an idea, and a very dangerous game to play for Moshiri as it leaves us open to whatever damage Allardyce does in order for a longer term theory of a clean slate for a new setup...
Less a curveball than the plot of a spy novel that mate!

I think it's more mundane that that. He's panicked about his/Usmanov's shares being dramatically devalued and is getting what he hopes will be a two season breathing space from all that danger.

I dont see any strategy given how hard they've been going after Silva.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back