Favourite Everton player of all time and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Horne.

He always worked hard and whenever the ball was free infront of the opposite goal, he just was in the right position and picked it up.

We would need one like that again.

He was ****e tbh. Don't understand the major Duncan love either really. Tommy Grav, Arteta and Cahill are more deserving of such affection from this era IMO.

Maybe a generation thing? Ferguson was a quality player and I loved him but I eventually tired of his:

Constant, constant injuries
Red cards costing us points
Goal record that should have been a lot better
Hoofball that the team always played when Dunc was in the team (not his fault I know)

I personally don't think Gravesen was that brilliant. Cult hero kinda thing, like, but not that good.

And before someone says something about Real Madrid - Julian Faubert.

I personally don't think Gravesen was that brilliant. Cult hero kinda thing, like, but not that good.

And before someone says something about Real Madrid - Julian Faubert.

steve mcmanamman. agree about gravesen as well, loved the player, didn't do an awful lot though with regards to the match as a whole. bit like joe allen i suppose

Maybe a generation thing? Ferguson was a quality player and I loved him but I eventually tired of his:

Constant, constant injuries
Red cards costing us points
Goal record that should have been a lot better
Hoofball that the team always played when Dunc was in the team (not his fault I know)

Same here mate ,but we will get hammered as people see him as a god.

Remember Southall saving a Hasslebaink shot with his chest and following it up by doing upsies, keepers these days would have parried the shot!

Alan Ball - If you need any explanation, then you simply are not old enough

Yep I was fortunate to see him in a blue shirt - what would his value be now? the best recent modern EFC player ever as good as any modern midfielder today imo - best box to box midfielder pure class - why o why did HC sell him far too soon????

Yep I was fortunate to see him in a blue shirt - what would his value be now? the best recent modern EFC player ever as good as any modern midfielder today imo - best box to box midfielder pure class - why o why did HC sell him far too soon????

I met him in Southampton, literally days before he died around the corner from where we live. I saw Alan, and I just had to say something. I approached.. Alan Ball I said.. part of the Holy Trinity at Everton ? He nodded and said, thats right.. I then said the first thing that came into my head.. My dad cried when you joined Arsenal.. again he nodded.. Class.

search

search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back