Favourite late goal

IMG_8073.webp

IMG_8072.webp

Slightly off topic, but that month probs had the best goal of the month list on MOTD. Including two of the best goals I've seen at Goodison from Lampard and Drogba.

Edit * Wrong month haha

And year! 🤣 🤣

Yeah... Don't remind me about Lampard and Drogba.

The 2 goal scorers who pissed on our chances the last time we came close to winning a pot on a sunny afternoon in May 2009 at Wembly, :rant:

This goal came just after Steve McMahon went around, indicating with his index finger, to most of the Liverpool players there was just one minute left of the game! It turned out to be a long night for Rednoses and a brilliant night for us Bluenoses!
I love the Lee Dixon story where he went home in a car with his brother after this game, rather than on the team coach. They stopped to get some chips as he was starving, but he was recognised in the chippy and thought things were about to turn nasty… until it turned out everyone in the chippy was a blue, they all started cheering and hugging him, and he got the chips on the house 🍟

Only time I've ever seen my dad cry,

Gary Speed penalty away to Leicester to get our first win in 2 months, we went on to beat Bolton, Chelsea & Palace shortly after which was probably what kept us up.

Jeffers brace away to Middlesbrough in 2001, both in last 5 mins was always amazing to remember.

Rooney Vs. Arsenal
Carsley Vs. Birmingham
Johnson Vs. Arsenal
Jelavic Vs. Spurs
Saha Vs. West Ham
Gosling Vs. Liverpool
Jagielka Vs. Liverpool
DCL Vs. Palace
Walcott Vs. Watford
Arteta Vs. United
Cahill Vs. Man City
Oviedo Vs. Man Utd
McFadden Vs. Charlton
Mina Vs. Wolves

For all the bad times Everton Have given me (and there have been a lot), the boss moments where we score at the death aren't half magic

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back