Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbsuper

Player Valuation: £1m
Not far from the record now....

Fellani has accrued 11 bookings in just 20 league outings. He is well on course to break the Premier League record of 14, which is jointly held by Mark Hughes (98-99), Seth Johnson (99-00) and Robbie Savage (03-04).

I think he has become the reff's whipping boy this season. I'm sure they'll have a meeting and laugh at the 1 reff who hasnt booked him this season.

He was the only player to have been booked in the WBA game. It wasnt even a dirty game and he got booked for nothing (persistant fouling is what follows Fell like a bad smell).

4 more and he's banned for 3 games.

I think he has become the reff's whipping boy this season. I'm sure they'll have a meeting and laugh at the 1 reff who hasnt booked him this season.

He was the only player to have been booked in the WBA game. It wasnt even a dirty game and he got booked for nothing (persistant fouling is what follows Fell like a bad smell).

4 more and he's banned for 3 games.

Agree, It's becoming a trend thing for Ref’s, like denying A.J penalty decisions

I don't know how people can stick up for him most of his yellows are for persistent fouling and thats what he does?

Most of them are deserved, one or two are harsh but that's about it. I don't buy it that Ref's are picking on him.

He persistently fouls and stops the play, you can only do that so much before you get yellow carded. He'd already made three clear fouls before his yellow against West Brom, the same goes for the Hull game.

He needs to learn how to tackle and compete fairly, it's as simple as that. He's not a dirty player but he is very clumsy.

Sometimes he rarely get warned though, they just book him and tell him he's does so many fouls. The Hull game he deserved it because you could see the reff clearly tell him to calm down.

I noticed Neville having words with him which I think is the best way, and what he should be doing more of as a captain. Learn French for "Calm down" Pip and tell him. Moyes will do the hard work off the pitch.

He is clumsy and cant tackle but I'm sure the team could help him more.

i cant think of any yellows fellaini didnt deserve.

i think im right in saying most of his yellows have come while we have had possesion of the ball.
so its not really his defending as such thats the problem.

the problem occurs when the ball is knocked up to him going forward.
he seems to put most of his effort into keeping his marker away from the ball than actually doing something with the ball himself.
its all legs arms and elbows .

mind you i think the fact he uses he arms and elbows a lot implies he isnt that strong for a big lad. perhaps he lacks a bit of brute strength.

i cant see any reason why a bit of coaching and gym work wont sort these issues out over time though.

I remember when Felli was signed he said on the OS he couldn't wait to play here because he thought the refs would be more lenient on him.

Does anyone know how many yellows he got in a season playing for Liege?

cuz he's sure as hell gonna demolish this record. :blink:

I think the yellow he got for his 2 match suspension was a bit harsh, but most of the others were pretty deserving. If I were a ref I'd prolly get annoyed at his petty fouls.

Career
Season Team Competition AP G YC RC
2008/2009 Everton Premier League 21 4 12 0
2008/2009 Standard de Liège Pro League 3 0 1 0
2006/2007 Standard de Liège Pro League 28 3 9 1

.... that's all very well, but occasionally he gets away with murder.

Take for example, a fabled European spoiling move known as the Bruges Block. This may be new to some on here, but it is spoken of with great reverence across the Continent, and is perfectly demonstrated here:

_45521625_cahillgol_getty.jpg

When the ball is swung in, an attacker has to put in an almighty leap, positioning the back passage directly in front of the onrushing keeper’s face, letting rip with a humungous guff at the moment of closest proximity.

This is a feat of great athleticism and timing, and as you can see from Carson’s raised hands, and knees that are returning to the foetal position, Mo executed it perfectly.

That an injured player even attempted the Bruges Block is something in itself, that he executed it so elegantly and got away with it, deserves our lasting respect and admiration.

.... that's all very well, but occasionally he gets away with murder.

Take for example, a fabled European spoiling move known as the Bruges Block. This may be new to some on here, but it is spoken of with great reverence across the Continent, and is perfectly demonstrated here:

When the ball is swung in, an attacker has to put in an almighty leap, positioning the back passage directly in front of the onrushing keeper’s face, letting rip with a humungous guff at the moment of closest proximity.

This is a feat of great athleticism and timing, and as you can see from Carson’s raised hands, and knees that are returning to the foetal position, Mo executed it perfectly.

That an injured player even attempted the Bruges Block is something in itself, that he executed it so elegantly and got away with it, deserves our lasting respect and admiration.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
good one ;)

He is tall and clumsy, as a result gives away fouls although they may not be intentional, they are still fouls. Needs to think a bit more and get his ball control better as well as his tackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.