Fellaini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if his performance was just one of those things (night game against a team doing well right now and he was up for it) or if it was the fact we were playing 4-4-2 and he felt more responsibility to dictate the midfield?

In that great City game he played last year we played Pienaar, Bily, LD, Cahill and Saha so it was all on his shoulders to run the midfield that time too.

If that is the case, that he plays so much better in 4-4-2, it creates an interesting situation.

Some of his ball winning... then turning defence into attack was truly excellent yesterday.

Some on here have said ... give him time and he'll show it. They were right.

He's been man marked to death at the moment but if he starts scoring again... my god what a player we'll have then.

Hes something a lot of the top teams are crying out for and we havent seen in the PL in years since the days of Veira and Keane and that a box - box midfeilder who can defend, attack and most improtantly turnover play. Having said all that hes still in the same age group as Anichebe, Coleman Vaghan etc. Hes trually remakable and the big boys would be mad if they werent looking at him.

When he's up for it, he's our most complete midfielder. We just need that a wee bit more often now, he seems to play in fits and starts or gets injured/sent off and loses momentum.

He was terrific in particularly the second half against Spurs. He is a large reason why we might be able to play 4-4-2 and for it to work.

When he's up for it, he's our most complete midfielder. We just need that a wee bit more often now, he seems to play in fits and starts or gets injured/sent off and loses momentum.

He was terrific in particularly the second half against Spurs. He is a large reason why we might be able to play 4-4-2 and for it to work.

It seems counter-intuitive, but playing with 4 midfielders instead of 5 might just make our midfield more dominant and functional.

I say this because with a 4-5-1, we've not managed to get Fellaini and Arteta (our two best central midfielders) to play well together. However against spuds, they both played as well as they ever have together, and had more space to operate. Mikky was less cramped and got forward more, whilst Felli owned the area between midfield and defence.

Remember lids,

he's still only 22, same age as Coleman, he's allowed to be slightly inconsistent

There will be two attacking right backs at Anfield.

One of them cost 18 million and gets paid 130k a week.

One of them cost 60 thousands gets paid a fraction.

Will be interesting to see which one is better.

lollollol Are they really paying Glenda *coughs* £130K a week.

My god, they're the joke that just keeps giving.

I agree with everything said here and really am feeling so happy for the kid. Still young, still improving - massively!

Everybody says the PL is fast and physichal, etc, and despite his lack of pace, he really is proving a tremendous presence in midfield. Watch the game again and count the interceptions he made and watch in awe how spurs players just bounce off him when they attempt to challenge. Distributes the ball well, full of confidence, simply boss in the middle there.

Responsibility is the key word really. Once he gets the authority that comes with experience i see him as our captain, like. Everton tattoo and hair dyed blue, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.