Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was flatter than expected because a few minutes after kick off it was obvious to everyone that it was going to be the same old from the team.

Everyone was buzzing before the game because they expected the same response as when he took over last time. I expected a lift but thinking about it, what could this group of players deliver differently under Ferguson than what we’ve endured this season so far?

I said to the lads around me at the game mate, it was a weird atmosphere, it was like we just knew that it was going to be more of the same crap we've been going through.

It was flatter than expected because a few minutes after kick off it was obvious to everyone that it was going to be the same old from the team.

Everyone was buzzing before the game because they expected the same response as when he took over last time. I expected a lift but thinking about it, what could this group of players deliver differently under Ferguson than what we’ve endured this season so far?

As soon as we parked up and saw the line up our heads just dropped.

I felt weird today, like I wasn’t expecting a win, like I don’t expect a result. I normally feel gutted after a game but I felt numb today by it all. Hope it’s not a bad omen but I do still think we deserved a draw and we will dig ourselves out of this mess.
Same. I don’t think Goodison is a particularly enjoyable place to be at the moment for obvious reasons, but going and expecting losses game after game takes its toll.

1642891242849.png

Like he comes in and takes over a side who has won a game in 10 or something and before the game people were wanting to give him the end if season. Now on one game taking over this shower of waisters and got them dominating the game by the second half but we still lost and now everyone thinks he isn't up for it.

That's the funniest thing for me, Dave reckoned that if Mina had played against West Ham and Watford we don't get beat! lol

Mina looked dodgy today and I've always thought that With a flat back 4 Mina and Keane have been our best pairing because Keane doesn't have to think about it.

I think statistically mina and kean are our best paring but that also has the caveat of we play very deep when they play together. Maybe that's what we need to do? Just go back to focusing on a solid defence.

You have to look at the bigger picture. Players will miss chances but you have to look at the chances created, the patterns of play and the tactics implemented by the manager.

There was none of that. When Doucoure went off we just started bypassing the midfield. If that's what were doing then why did he bring a midfielder on? Might as well brought a attacker on. Would of had more of an impact then onyango.
Chances created were good , that ball from Gordon is the best chance ive seen created this season.
If you dont take your chances you ultimately get beat.
Its what happened today.

Like he comes in and takes over a side who has won a game in 10 or something and before the game people were wanting to give him the end if season. Now on one game taking over this shower of waisters and got them dominating the game by the second half but we still lost and now everyone thinks he isn't up for it.
Pretty much sums it up.

We didn’t dominate. Villa scored, allowed us to have the ball and bullied us. For somebody who is all physical and aggression, I thought we allowed Villa to dominate us in that area today.

Despite those couple of chances, I never believed we would equalise.

We didn’t dominate. Villa scored, allowed us to have the ball and bullied us. For somebody who is all physical and aggression, I thought we allowed Villa to dominate us in that area today.

Despite those couple of chances, I never believed we would equalise.
I see your point but we had two or three chances second half we should have got a draw really that's more than I've seen of late. That being said it was very one dimensional and Villa are a better team. Our players lack guile so need to be set up in a 433 currently why he didn't start Gordon I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.