Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go out on a wing and say that 2nd half performance from Fernandes was the best I've ever seen him play. That's what I want from him though, he harried players actually ran about the pitch pinged a few decent passes around the park and was full of step overs and stuff.

That's the Fernandes that is worth 10-12 Million pounds. if he can control some of his passing more and keep that work ethic he had in the second half then he'll do just fine here.

I've never seen him run the way he did last night...ever. Even in the Portugal u-21 matches he's quite often just stood there I wonder if Davie Moyes has lit a fire under his arse that needed lighting last season.

Step in the right direction from Mr Fernandes keep it up and you'll be worth every penny son.

( Edit - "Taking into consideration that he has a stomach strain and was a doubt to be even on that pitch he performed excellently.")

Yet another piss poor performance from MF tonight, he was that bad he almost beat Neville to the worst player on the pitch.
Both players stunk the place out with awful passing and MF in particular acting like a pansy in the tackle. Thats 5 games now and he is getting worse, not better, Valencia must be laughing at us for getting us to bring him back

A slight improvement I thought. But still nowhere near the standard he needs to be.

He's gotta cut out those sloppy passes, because on more than one occasion they set Brann off on dangerous breaks.

But having said that, he did show some glimpses of what he can do, he just needs to start showing it more often and without the silly mistakes. A bit more promising though at last

I remember Pienaar doing the same when he first came, he played lots of bad passes but they were all passes that were more significant than just getting the ball to the next man. Maybe it'll improve with more matches? I didnt see the game so I cant really comment, but a player with Fernandes ability you'd expect he'd be able to overcome it.

he was injured, there is signs of improvement, I reckon with a little rest and Moyes' boots in his backside he will improve alot in his next game.

( Edit - "Taking into consideration that he has a stomach strain and was a doubt to be even on that pitch he performed excellently.")
Agree 100% you could tell he wasn't fully mobile all game and I'm looking forward to seeing a fully fit Manny operating in cental midfeld with SP and Mikel out wide.

he was injured, there is signs of improvement, I reckon with a little rest and Moyes' boots in his backside he will improve alot in his next game.

Agree 100% you could tell he wasn't fully mobile all game and I'm looking forward to seeing a fully fit Manny operating in cental midfeld with SP and Mikel out wide.

How does that affect his ability to pass 5 yds to his team mate? Am not asking him to run 100m in 9secs

his erratic passing might be rectified with him accustomising himself back into the premiership. At the moment he seems to be trying to hard to win us back over after the Brann game I've seen enough to convince me that he's actually trying to put a shift in now. He actually harried them got himself about a bit more and look more like the player that he's supposed to be. I'm not saying he's worth 12 million yet but I'll bet if he keeps his workrate up and cuts out the erratic passing he'll be worth that and possibly more.

With regard the 5 yard passes, Fernandes pass accuracy % is no worse then anyone else in our midfield. When his only options of a pass is Neville, Carsley or try a thread through to Yakubu or Johnson then I'm not surprised he takes the latter. He was injured yesterday when your fatigued and injured at the same time then I'm not surprised that some of his passes are going a stray. Hopefully when he's fully fit and on everyone elses wave length then he'll come good.

Yet another piss poor performance from MF tonight, he was that bad he almost beat Neville to the worst player on the pitch.
Both players stunk the place out with awful passing and MF in particular acting like a pansy in the tackle. Thats 5 games now and he is getting worse, not better, Valencia must be laughing at us for getting us to bring him back

Ah yes.

It's completely dishonest statements like this Halewood that caused me not to miss you much the first time around.

That's fine though. You keep on seeing what you want to see and you'll be happy in your own little world. (n)

Even the most jaded Fernandes haters would admit he wasn't anywhere close to being the worst player on the pitch last night, especially in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

I know this isn't the answer for your question but right now, on current form, I'd play BOTH Manny and Osman and sit Cahill. He needs a bit of rest.

Ah yes.

It's completely dishonest statements like this Halewood that caused me not to miss you much the first time around.

That's fine though. You keep on seeing what you want to see and you'll be happy in your own little world. (n)

Even the most jaded Fernandes haters would admit he wasn't anywhere close to being the worst player on the pitch last night, especially in the 2nd half.

Dishonest? Thats 1 thing you will never see in my posts billy boy. As for the last bit your right but thats only because neville was on the pitch, they both stunk

Dishonest? Thats 1 thing you will never see in my posts billy boy. As for the last bit your right but thats only because neville was on the pitch, they both stunk

wasnt he one of the bad guys in '48 hours'?

the actor that then went on to be one or dutch schaeffers army pals in predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.