Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL have no clear guidelines on punishment as they're making it up as they go a long. The majority of major leagues and UEFA have fined clubs based on FFP.

The EFL however have clear and stringent guidelines and which involve points deduction and transfer bans. 12 points is the max for entering administration. 9 has been the max they've given for P&S.

So the journo is just making things up based off what's already been done.

The PL themselves don't have a clue what they're doing especially in our case they were complicit in allowing the club to continue transfers etc.

No one knows.

An agenda from certain journalists. No other club gets this amount of negative off field coverage. None.

If the club are to be believed the PL were consulted with every transfer dealing and believe they've done nothing wrong. I'm no conspiracy theorist but how do you explain this unprecedented punishment for one charge, dodgy refereeing decisions etc...

If they get their wish then they are opening a Pandora's box and will have left themselves under huge pressure in regards to Man City.
What punishment have we had?

The Premier League brought in guidelines for retrospective bans for diving in 2017. Who were the first club (of two since 2017) to have a player suspended?

A club qualified for the Champions League. Other countries were upset about the number of clubs from that particular country in the competition that year. A prominent referee was brought out of retirement specifically to take this match and disallowed a goal amid controversy. The referee retired once again after that match. Who was that club?
The FA being inconsistent 6 years ago and UEFA not wanting 5 clubs from the same country in the champions league 18 years ago is evidence that the Premier League have an agenda against us?

I’m no conspiracy theorist, but here me out.

The time of this is no coincidence. This could have easily been stated next week, not the following day after the death of our chairman.

Bill has been a director since 89, before the Premier League was even a thing.
Since then he has seen numerous chief executives, owners, directors. He was probably the only person who had dealt with every senior person since the Premier League was formed. Therefore he would certainly be aware of any dodgy decisions being made, back handers between officials or things the Premier League executives wouldn’t want in the public domain. Any skeleton’s in the closet he’d know about.

Maybe him being here was our shield. Now he’s sadly gone, we are now vulnerable.

Or maybe I need to go out for a long walk without internet access for a few hours.
Make it a week. Don't go all 'Le Tissier' on us mate.

I just wonder why the club couldn't stay inside the FFP guidelines? I don't believe there is an agenda against Everton but even if there is, if we didn't break FFP rules, this wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps I'm being very naive but if the vast majority of other clubs have managed it, it appears to be quite simple.....or at least it should be.

Hahahahah as if. This is literally like, we need control to punish Everton. I have said it for years, the premier league have wanted us out since the war in Ukraine. Everything from poor decisions, ffp stuff, etc, it’s all a big swizz to get us gone. They have tried relegating us for the last two years. Now it’s this.
You sure it's not been down to our crap football the last two seasons that has had us battling relegation?

I’m no conspiracy theorist, but here me out.

The time of this is no coincidence. This could have easily been stated next week, not the following day after the death of our chairman.
Maguire was the 1st to post about this 12 point thing at 4.25 yesterday afternoon.
Percy in the Telegraph posted it today with a different angle that the Prem lge where pushing it.

The passing of Bill Kenwright was officially posted around an hour & a half after Maguires post.

You're correct in the sense that it isn't looked at fully anew. However, you don't need prior permission to go to arbitration. It is there as essentially an appeal process. You would put forward your ground for overturning the decision at arbitration on one of the grounds you've cited, or on ground X 4.5 ( which you've omitted), which allows a commission decision to be challenged if it is

X.4.5. one which could not reasonably have been reached by any Commission or Appeal Board which had applied its mind properly to the facts of the case.

You would nonetheless make that point during and at the arbitration.

An arbitration is a legal process under the Arbitration Act, whereas a commission is not. It needs to actually to be carried out to be legally binding on the parties in respect of their dispute over the findings of the commission (which is just body within a sports association).
In my earlier response I make the comment that arbitration can be requested if the commissions conclusion is “ so perverse” which in effect what 4.5 says and Yep the wording is as you quote.

My understanding is that you can’t just say “I want to go to arbitration” you would have to state the grounds for going to arbitration in advance i am far from sure that the size of any penalties can be taken to arbitration it’s more about procedural matters and compliance with the laws of the land. An application under 4.5 would be unusual to say the least

Clubs as shareholders of the PL have effectively agreed to adhere to the process laid down within the PL rules so no the commission isn’t a legal court it’s a body that enforces the rules as agreed by the shareholders

City took the matter of the PLs ability to independently arbitrate matters to the High court and they, City, got their backside well and truly kicked.

I just wonder why the club couldn't stay inside the FFP guidelines? I don't believe there is an agenda against Everton but even if there is, if we didn't break FFP rules, this wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps I'm being very naive but if the vast majority of other clubs have managed it, it appears to be quite simple.....or at least it should be.

We've been in dialogue with the PL for seasons
Every transfer or financial outgoing were reviewed and agreed by the PL
The club were also in review with the government white paper.

Then all of a sudden they feel we should be deducted 12 points?

BS personally. You can't "help" a business then suddenly punish them as you'd be asked why you didn't punish them in the first place.

Which is what Leeds, Burnley etc had an argument about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back