Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
….i’m thinking if we are found guilty of breaking FFP guidance whilst relegated clubs adhered to those rules.

Would be a huge mess, so doubt it. For one, it could only be one relegated club that could sue, if you think about it. Secondly, it would be nigh on impossible to prove a direct correlation that we caused their relegation. How far do you go back? Did we knock some club out of a cup?

Would be a huge mess, so doubt it. For one, it could only be one relegated club that could sue, if you think about it. Secondly, it would be nigh on impossible to prove a direct correlation that we caused their relegation. How far do you go back? Did we knock some club out of a cup?

It could be argued other clubs went down because of their results and not ours.

But, again, the Premier League found nothing wrong with our accounts. We were playing by the same rules.

I still have no idea how they found our accounts ok only to turn around and say "lol, jkwtfbbq"

The alleged breach relates to a different set of accounts submitted months after the PL once said that we had no case to answer.

There is a weak precedent of the Sheff Utd v West Ham Tevez affair where West Ham paid out.

This would get extremely messy and would be a really bad result for the PL as well as us.

Can almost imagine it now. We receive a small points deduction and somehow survive again but now we have a legal battle with Burnley and Leicester hanging over us with them both attempting to sue us for £100m + further deterring new investment into the club

It would not be a great result for FFP if it resulted in us getting relegated and going into administration

Ironic that if they decided to sue us on the basis that our spending generated results which saved us (regardless of our own results), one defence we could use (but wouldn’t) is that our spending has been horrible. X amount spent on players who had a market value of far less, based in the fact that no one bought them and they ran their contracts down. Our spending has given those clubs more of a chance and not less 😄

….I wonder if relegated clubs might sue us for not working within the same rules as them.
If the premier league have signed off our accounts or whatever then surely the clubs have to sue them not us?

If we’re found guilty of course.

I’m not expert on this by any means, I don’t really read the info, so probably wrong…

The alleged breach relates to a different set of accounts submitted months after the PL once said that we had no case to answer.

Then the Owner/ Chairman/Directors should be charged and not the Club/ Fans, I'm sure it must be illegal o put a false set of accounts forward, no wonder they all wanted to resign if true.

….I wonder if relegated clubs might sue us for not working within the same rules as them.
No chance.. if you open that door who knows where it will end up.. get relegated by a point or miss out on champions league by 2 points and have had clearly wrong VAR decisions against you... sue then?
Any way I doubt courts would entertain such claims as PL financial rules aren't law, we haven't broken the law we may have broken PL rules.

….i’m thinking if we are found guilty of breaking FFP guidance whilst relegated clubs adhered to those rules.
You've got to think that it would be a possibility. If there is a breach and the PL had already okayed it when we had run the accounts by them, then are they culpable. In fact, we should sue them if there was any punishment for misleading us.

I see it like being waved through red light by the police to let an ambulance pass and then getting a fine 6 months later for going through that red light. There may be some technical offence but done under the guidance of the authorities and it is a clear wrong to try and punish anyone in these circumstances.

Anyway this as most on this thread is conjecture as we're not privy to the investigation.

You've got to think that it would be a possibility. If there is a breach and the PL had already okayed it when we had run the accounts by them, then are they culpable. In fact, we should sue them if there was any punishment for misleading us.

I see it like being waved through red light by the police to let an ambulance pass and then getting a fine 6 months later for going through that red light. There may be some technical offence but done under the guidance of the authorities and it is a clear wrong to try and punish anyone in these circumstances.

Anyway this as most on this thread is conjecture as we're not privy to the investigation.
We may have passed the eye test, but on further inspection we falsified something which was discovered later.

Status
Not open for further replies.