Financial (Un)Fair Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Rule E20
That no spectators or unauthorised persons are permitted to encroach onto the pitch area, save for reasons of crowd safety

maxresdefault.jpg

Introduce a wage cap and spending cap otherwise the next two decades are just going to be dominated by the same sides
Then boot out the Scabs! How nice would it be to have a fully competitive league and not have to listen to every pundit drool over Dr Mengeles-Klopp and his wünderbar creations!

What I find galling is that under this regime it took these restrictions to protect the club from ruin.

It's down to Moshiri and Kenwright alone.

We can worry about how unfair it all is some other day, when these are punted and we get room to breathe.

Introduce a wage cap and spending cap otherwise the next two decades are just going to be dominated by the same sides
From this season the new UEFA FFP rules have an overall salary cap of 90% of turnover and that reduces by 10% for each of the following two years to have a max salary of 70%

It’s to protect the previously rich and nothing more
In 2011, FFP was voted into the PL by the teams in the PL and not just the previously rich. Of the PL clubs at the time only Fulham, West Brom, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Swansea and Southampton voted against, Reading abstained and the rest of the clubs voted to introduce FFP to the PL.

Can someone who is knowledgeable about this ease shed some light.

I get the basics and I understand the revolving losses over 3 years. I also understand it's based on commercial revenues and young player sales that acts as a multiplier for spending limits.

But what does transfer fees and wages have to do with it? Is it both that needs to be considered

I thought we have just let go a few players on some pretty high wages, delph and Voldemort. So before there is any sales whatsoever. Are not immediately in a better place in terms of wage bills? Therefore room to spend/sign? I know not by alot but surely the conclusion of those contracts means something

Add to that Rodriguez and Digne who were high wage earners. Not to mention Richarlison... get the feeling the ffp brigade are trying to relegate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back