First 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drico

Player Valuation: £10m
I think people just really wanted it to work with Ancelotti because of his name and achievements even if they knew he messed up, It's easy to fall into that trap.
We desperately needed a bit of quality in January to reinforce us in our challenge for Europe - we were second at Christmas - but Marcel Brands came up with Josh King. We were still in with a sniff by May, but we crumbled in key home games while clinging on by winning at unlikely places on an away run that rivaled title-winning form. Carlo was close. Senor Benitez hasn't been backed this summer either. So we see a pattern. For all his immediate impact - and it's been excellent - he will inevitably be left down by squad depth. We're in a good moment - just as we were this time last season - but it won't last. We're not built to last after two effectively barren windows in a row.

MikeH72

Player Valuation: £70m
We desperately needed a bit of quality in January to reinforce us in our challenge for Europe - we were second at Christmas - but Marcel Brands came up with Josh King. We were still in with a sniff by May, but we crumbled in key home games while clinging on by winning at unlikely places on an away run that rivaled title-winning form. Carlo was close. Senor Benitez hasn't been backed this summer either. So we see a pattern. For all his immediate impact - and it's been excellent - he will inevitably be left down by squad depth. We're in a good moment - just as we were this time last season - but it won't last. We're not built to last after two effectively barren windows in a row.

But he never even played King, how do we know he wouldn’t have contributed anything? He continued to play Gylfi Sigurdsson, as soon as I realised he had a fetish for him was the moment I started to question if he was the right manager for us.

Drico

Player Valuation: £10m
But he never even played King, how do we know he wouldn’t have contributed anything? He continued to play Gylfi Sigurdsson, as soon as I realised he had a fetish for him was the moment I started to question if he was the right manager for us.
King made 11 appearances under Carlo. He just never made the case to consistently start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
Under The Lights
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks