First Everton player to play for the blues younger than myself

Good thread.
Michael Branch was the first person younger than me to play for Everton when he played in the 5-2 win at Hillsborough in 1996.
Nuno Valente was the last person older than me to play for Everton when he came on as sub away to West Brom in August 2008. (Who knew he was STILL with us in 08/09??)

…that makes me feel old, Branch’s dad was an old teammate of mine. He was a terrific defender.

Maybe Neil Robinson, born April ‘57 for me.

Last edited:

Alessandro Pistone is only a few weeks younger than me but he was 25 when he made his debut for Everton at the start of the 2000/01 season.

I'm sure there must have been some players making their debuts in the 90s that were younger than me.

Alessandro Pistone is only a few weeks younger than me but he was 25 when he made his debut for Everton at the start of the 2000/01 season.

I'm sure there must have been some players making their debuts in the 90s that were younger than me.
That's a good point 👍
I named Glenn Keeley as he is the one born nearest to my birthday, but as you quite rightly point out there could be others who were born earlier but played at a younger age. :hayee:

That's a good point 👍
I named Glenn Keeley as he is the one born nearest to my birthday, but as you quite rightly point out there could be others who were born earlier but played at a younger age. :hayee:
Yep I've taken it as... 'When did you first have an Everton player run onto to the field who was younger than you were', cos that's quite a weird moment.

And also 'When did you last have an Everton player run on who was older than you were', cos after that moment, you really have to give up on your dreams that you might play for the Blues one day!