First Everton player to play for the blues younger than myself

Barkley was a few months older than me when he made his debut. Did we have any other 16/17 year old debutants around 2012?

Okay I've looked on transfermarkt and I think for me it was John Stones, if we're counting non-academy players.

He's a couple of months younger than me and came on as a sub in a 1-0 over Chelsea in Martinez's first season in 2013.

We were both 19 and out minds were old, and when the things got for real our warm hearts got cold...

From the academy the last I remember coming on young was Barkley at 16... Probably after that it was Davies? He was 17. Lord knows when we'll next see that.

If it has to be an academy player, Ty Browning came on as a sub in the derby Jagielka scored his wonder goal. He was 20 y and 4 mo

one Jason Kearton, an Australian goalkeeper, who was ostensibly an Everton player from '88 to '96, but was on loan variously for long stretches to Stoke, Notts County, Preston North End and Blackpool, and made only eight appearances for Everton in eight years, all comps.

That's a good spirit animal for me.

Not sure about younger than me, but I vividly remember Jose Baxter becoming our youngest ever player and being only 2 days older than me.
Looking at the dates the first player to play for the blues after baxter was shkodran mustafa born on 17 April 1992
Came on as sub in Europa tie at goodison

Still trying to understand the question which gives you all a clue to how old I am. I was born May 1958 so I'm guessing someone who debuted in or about 1974/75/76?
Yes Mark Higgins first player to play for the blues born after May 1958 he was born sep 58 made is debut
Oct 1976 v city

Good thread.
Michael Branch was the first person younger than me to play for Everton when he played in the 5-2 win at Hillsborough in 1996.
Nuno Valente was the last person older than me to play for Everton when he came on as sub away to West Brom in August 2008. (Who knew he was STILL with us in 08/09??)
It took some perusing, but michael branch for me as well.

Bit of a trip down memory lane looking at some of the list I did, of players that aren't spoken of much...enjoyed this.