First time to Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game! Awesome game to pick! Derbys are special so I’m sure you’ll love it no matter the outcome.
I travel up from London. Trains out of London are usually reliable. Use a web app called Trainline or National Rail to check the latest running status and platform number. So if you’re up for such a early start, go for it. You’ll arrive around 830am, I think so plenty of time as you say. You’ll have a reserved seat so no stress. Get some breakfast and a coffee to take onto the train from maybe Pret or M&S food at the train station. The train food is average and over priced.
Once in Liverpool Lime you’ll have time to have a quick look around the town centre I’d say, before getting the shuttle bus for the fans up to Goodison from outside lime street station. Lots of people catch it so you’ll see it.
I’d personally also take a look at the park to see how close the ground is to Anfield and enjoy the walk down with the fans to the ground. The club shop is worth a visit too. Some people like to get into the ground an hour before to see the warm ups.
Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
Helps a ton! Thank you so much for taking the time

As a Brit living in NYC for the past 14 years and only ever getting red eyes to the UK I'll say this

Either take something to force you to have a lot of sleep on the plane, AND try and sleep in the train, or get as much coffee in you as you can without getting the caffeine wildies

6am UK time is 1am. The game will kick off at the equivalent of 10am. Unless you work nights you won't want to be too tired, though the adrenaline and bevvies may get you through a lot of it.
Good advice. I have my red eye plan that i've used a few times - and I think i'll be in good shape.

There are plans for a big welcome for the team outside the ground arriving on the team coach. It will be noisy and great. I think it’s about an hour before.

Flags, singing and chanting, smoke bombs and big crowds. A real experience!
Earlier I think.

The early Ko invariably takes a bit of the edge away from the atmosphere. And so does an early goal by the RS. Stop this from happening and you'll be in for an experience.

I'm a US based fan of Everton who is coming over for the first time for the derby. My plane lands in London friday morning and I was planning on taking the 6a Saturday train to Liverpool, figuring the early wake up won't be a problem because I'll still be on US time. Is that cutting things too close, or is the train pretty reliable (gets in 4 hours before the match)? Any recommendations of where to go once I'm in Liverpool before the match. I already have a ticket, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
The Lisbon is a great place maye

I'm a US based fan of Everton who is coming over for the first time for the derby. My plane lands in London friday morning and I was planning on taking the 6a Saturday train to Liverpool, figuring the early wake up won't be a problem because I'll still be on US time. Is that cutting things too close, or is the train pretty reliable (gets in 4 hours before the match)? Any recommendations of where to go once I'm in Liverpool before the match. I already have a ticket, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Come out of Lime Street station, and take in the wonder of St Georges Hall.

19 bus down to Goodison Park.

Walk around the ground, enjoy the timeline mural, and pick up some merc from the club shop.

Winslow ale house for booze and some local 'characters'.

Let's hope we can beat the RS for you.

Enjoy the experience, and God Bless the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.