Football super league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramps_mate

Player Valuation: £101m
Would we get in to it as galatasary and juventus have been calling for today?

The more I thought about it the more it made sense.

Maybe a 2-3 tier euro super league with say the top 8 from England and 6 from Germany, Italy, France, Spain and smaller countries fill the gaps. But from the bottom league you could offer promotions from clubs not in the super league, I.e. the championship to get in to. And bottom sides relegated out, if that makes sense?

Any way.. Doubt it would ever happen!

we have european competition already and you know what, i like the premier league it's pretty good, don't need any bollox break off euro leagues

I honestly like the idea of a Super League, but only if every team has an opportunity (at least on paper) to make it in. That would mean some form of playoff system each year, which would be pretty entertaining.

Absolutely hate the idea of ManU and those clubs having a European side and an English side, at that point the Premier League becomes more like the Capital One Cup and less like the Championship, we could win the Premier League and it wouldn't matter because we'd never get to compete with the top clubs.

....they have the Champions League, they have the Premier League and both make shed loads of money. I can't see it changing unless the shine goes off them both. I suspect teams calling for this will come from leagues that are looking to get their hands on some of the riches.

How would fans afford to go to away games? It's expensive enough as it is without fortnightly European travel.

How would fans afford to go to away games? It's expensive enough as it is without fortnightly European travel.

those pulling the strings don't give two fooks about the fans. As long as the corporate/tv cash gravy train keeps rolling their way, they ain't arsed a jot.

....they have the Champions League, they have the Premier League and both make shed loads of money. I can't see it changing unless the shine goes off them both. I suspect teams calling for this will come from leagues that are looking to get their hands on some of the riches.

All the top clubs will be falling over themselves to be apart of it,and you can be sure Sky will be right in there doing the deals, it will Deffo happen IMO,will make the prem look second rate.

Question. When it does happen and say top 5/6clubs in England up sticks, would they be allowed to enter our domestic cup competitions ? Because it seems to me they would have burnt their bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.