For all the elderly beggars on here,an interesting read about a legend and the good days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the absolute honour to meet Alex in Liverpool many years ago at his book signing, He was an absolute gentleman, so humble and kind. What a player he was but what a fantastic person he was too.
A story I've told before,but not for a while. Many years ago I found myself standing between Alex Young and Jimmy Gabriel at the Gents stalls in St Philomenas Club at the Old Roan. Alex says to me 'Whats it like having a wee with two Scottish internationalists?' And Jim Gabriel retorts ' 'Did you ever play for Scotland, Alex?.'

Who else was at the riot at Blackpool when Alex was dropped in favour of young Joe Royle. I've always though Catterick was right, becaue Young was way of the boil by then.

Who else was at the riot at Blackpool when Alex was dropped in favour of young Joe Royle. I've always though Catterick was right, becaue Young was way of the boil by then.
I think a lot of us just went to see the GV, even if he was playing crap.
Blind faith, think we would have cheered him if he had come on the pitch
with a bucket and sponge, and when someone said “ if they went home and
found him in bed with their missus they would have quietly closed the bedroom door
I think they meant it. What a player though on his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.