2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had no right playing Branthwaite yesterday. Not in that pressure cooker.

I know he was forced into playing a CB, but we should have seen some juggling of formation or personnel.

Mykolenko has played CB before in his career. He could have played him at CB and brought Kenny in at LB.
Branthwaite played against Chelsea recently didn't he? Which was just as much a must win as yesterday was. He's a big strong lad so they probably thought he was the only fit centre back we had who could match Toney' physicality, and why he played in the middle of the three rather than on the left.

Not using Allan was Lampard's biggest sin in my opinion, even with him not starting he should have been on at half time. Gomes' inclusion was very surprising and given that he was his old useless self, he had to be taken off once we went a man down for me.

Where the he'll was Keane yesterday? We're told he was not feeling well to be honest the best part of 40000 people in that ground were not feeling well .but they are not played 50,000 a week to sort it out.
Is this now the second time in a few weeks he has cried of sick?
Now if he has issues I don't know about I apologize but it seems to me he needs to walk away and get professional help.

They said he was ill, but I don't know more than that. He will be needed on Thursday

I'm sure this doesn't help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-053117_Forza.jpg
    Screenshot_20220516-053117_Forza.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 97
Branthwaite played against Chelsea recently didn't he? Which was just as much a must win as yesterday was. He's a big strong lad so they probably thought he was the only fit centre back we had who could match Toney' physicality, and why he played in the middle of the three rather than on the left.

Not using Allan was Lampard's biggest sin in my opinion, even with him not starting he should have been on at half time. Gomes' inclusion was very surprising and given that he was his old useless self, he had to be taken off once we went a man down for me.
How did we play in that game though? Benitez had all the team behind the ball. This time Lampard left him exposed.

How did we play in that game though? Benitez had all the team behind the ball. This time Lampard left him exposed.
Yes we did get caught too far forward and Branthwaite's inexperience was almost certainly a factor. But let's not pretend that some of our senior players haven't been making errors just as bad, if not worse, than what Branthwaite did yesterday. Lampard's hands were completely tied with using Branthwaite in my opinion, and we're likely to see the return of the Keane-Holgate axis of evil on Thursday who will unnerve me just as much as seeing young Jarrad in the team.

Yes we did get caught too far forward and Branthwaite's inexperience was almost certainly a factor. But let's not pretend that some of our senior players haven't been making errors just as bad, if not worse, than what Branthwaite did yesterday. Lampard's hands were completely tied with using Branthwaite in my opinion, and we're likely to see the return of the Keane-Holgate axis of evil on Thursday who will unnerve me just as much as seeing young Jarrad in the team.
I'm not blaming the lad so much as pointing out that we had an advantage that Lampard should have exploited. Having taken the lead he should have protected an inexperienced CB.

Have to be honest, I couldn’t believe it when the same team ran out for the second half v Brentford. Can only assume Allan has a knock, but why put him on the bench if he can’t play 45 mins.

I expected Kenny and Davies at least. Iwobi in a flat back 4 and Gomes in a midfield 2 were huge red flags.

Rumour is Allan wasn't fit. But agree Lamps made mistakes yesterday. He waited far too long to make subs

Status
Not open for further replies.