2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hilarious that you're using a post that said bottom third or maybe bottom quarter to mean definitely I think we have the 18th best squad.

Success for Lampard this year is being in the top flight at the end and not getting sacked. Aim small.
Nope never said that.

And didn't you just tell me the quote didn't say that? But now it did say that? Can't keep up anymore.

Who do you consider great managers?

I expect him to get a minimum of 50 points. If that finishes in 8th or 12, makes no odds, but it is clear progress.

If we are fighting relegation again, it's not good enough.

Nope never said that.

And didn't you just tell me the quote didn't say that? But now it did say that? Can't keep up anymore.

Who do you consider great managers?

I expect him to get a minimum of 50 points. If that finishes in 8th or 12, makes no odds, but it is clear progress.

If we are fighting relegation again, it's not good enough.
I expect the team to play better. No not prettier, better. If that means we're still 14th or something whatever, that happens sometimes. Progress won't always be as straight as we'd like. As long as we have more points than 18th the exact number means nothing to me.

Think its time to put to bed any "mistakes" Frank has made particularly setting the team up selection wise.

The tactics where more than adequate considering the squad he walked into.
It was shot of confidence badly hampered by injuries that just kept repeating.

He has enough in the bank for galvanising the team & in turn the fans to earn a long run of stability as our manager , leave him & his backroom team to continue the uplift we all seen in the season's run in.

Maybe reflect on the individual very costly error's , notably Keane ,Holgate & Kenny that no manager can account for.
They done more damage than any tactic or selection could ever do.
We saw the team visibaly crumble because of those error's to the point we all thought we'ed be relegated.
All credit to him for finding a way to get enough points to get us safe.

Time to look forward now.

Sadly, you would struggle to make Big Oil enjoy anything about Everton.

Hes just 1 of those people that are never satisfied, they will always want more and more.

We had the greatest Manager of his era in charge and even that wasnt good enough.

Currently, hes backing the "Everton will fail" horse and thats a horse that never loses.

But you cant please somebody who only demands perfection, winning isnt important, results dont matter, only winning well is important.

I expect the team to play better. No not prettier, better. If that means we're still 14th or something whatever, that happens sometimes. Progress won't always be as straight as we'd like. As long as we have more points than 18th the exact number means nothing to me.
Maybe give him time to implement it then. He did what he needed to to keep us up. It wasn't how he wanted to play. Many posters have made that point to you.

Maybe reflect on some of your previous comments. You know, give him time to build a squad and work through problems. But you have written him off having despite the fact he hasn't had that time to build a squad.

Screenshot_20220619-214602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sadly, you would struggle to make Big Oil enjoy anything about Everton.

Hes just 1 of those people that are never satisfied, they will always want more and more.

We had the greatest Manager of his era in charge and even that wasnt good enough.

Currently, hes backing the "Everton will fail" horse and thats a horse that never loses.

But you cant please somebody who only demands perfection, winning isnt important, results dont matter, only winning well is important.
This isn't actually true, we're just really bad. I'd be thrilled to finish 8th.

Quick reminder Carlo didn't do that. Sam did however.

Maybe give him time to implement it then. He did what he needed to to keep us up. It wasn't how he wanted to play. Many posters have made that point to you.

Maybe reflect on some of your previous comments. You know, give him time to build a squad and work through problems. But you have written him off having despite the fact he hasn't had that time to build a squad.

View attachment 170602
Why would I change my opinion after seeing him in action as opposed to the hypothetical when the other option was Vitor? Who can possibly say?

My mind constantly changes. If you go back 6 months I probably have a bunch of different takes. I don't really mind being wrong when new evidence says so.

Why would I change my opinion after seeing him in action as opposed to the hypothetical when the other option was Vitor? Who can possibly say?

My mind constantly changes. If you go back 6 months I probably have a bunch of different takes. I don't really mind being wrong when new evidence says so.
You literally said he needed time to build the squad and to work through the problems.

He has been working through the problems and did what he had to to halt the slide and raise the morale and deal with injuries, with a largely crap squad. He put his preferred style to the side to ensure we got over the line. It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. And he found a way to overcome the problems that we had. Then, he can go into the next season, having had time to work with the squad and get them to buy into his style and footballing ethos.

The other element was he needed time to build the squad. And you have decided he shouldn't have that time to make a single signing, because he put aside the pretty football to ensure we stayed up.

It's non sensical and lacks the evidence base either way.

You literally said he needed time to build the squad and to work through the problems.

He has been working through the problems and did what he had to to halt the slide and raise the morale and deal with injuries, with a largely crap squad. He put his preferred style to the side to ensure we got over the line. It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. And he found a way to overcome the problems that we had. Then, he can go into the next season, having had time to work with the squad and get them to buy into his style and footballing ethos.

The other element was he needed time to build the squad. And you have decided he shouldn't have that time to make a single signing, because he put aside the pretty football to ensure we stayed up.

It's non sensical and lacks the evidence base either way.
Basically I'm out because I don't think a decent manager would have needed to take the middle step of scrapping to stay up before doing the footballing ethos bit. In January I didn't know that step was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.