2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so , we scored about 45ish goals last season and have lost 10 with Ritchie going , we are pinning are hopes on Lewin staying fit and scoring regularly, Rondon as his replacement and or Dele stepping up and replacing Ritchie's goals, the midfield at present offers little or no goal threat and neither does the defense on a regular basis unless Tarks turns out to be another Mountfield, we need if we are going to be comfortable mid table say 55-60 goals if we can keep goals conceded down
Lampard ha sorted out the supply to DCL. i think Dele will be a major factor in our goal tally because his football brain is right on the mark, but yes, another forward would be great and someone to protect the defence. we`ve got to be clever with the funds we have/haven`t got ;)

Honestly, I have seen us n worse positions.

The players brought in have been sensible so far. They are addressing areas of need. It may be unspectacular, but it is solid sensible stuff.

We will be better than last season I’m sure.
Just for the sake of argument, what season did we play worse than last season? Even disregarding being in relegation position the last 2 months I cant remember the last time we looked so disjointed.

50% of our won games was because of Richarlison. He is now gone. I dont subsribe any of the we will be better than last season. With him gone it remains to be seen who steps up. Dele is good, but is he a richy replacement? I dont think so.

I hope the crowd goodwill towards Frank doesn't disappear if we make a poor start to the season. He is not to blame for this player fiasco. He needs everybody's support if he is to keep us in the PL.

It's either that or they brand you as RS. I took my time joining this place and did it during derby week... apparently the crime of the century that immediately casts doubts. I then said Gordon was a diver... undisputed in many quarters, but that only ramped up the hatred.

So I'm really sorry you feel the way you do now and all I can say is don't let the haters get you down. You have every right to be a part of the club and people like you are the foundation of football... long before the Greed League came along. A game for working people ... wish you luck old timer. Chin up.
Only just signed on, so apologies for a very late reply @Inchy226 .

I can recall the early reactions to your posts, and some where quite, ahem, unfriendly.
The haters will not get to me as I am not normally a quitter by nature, but in the particular instance in mind, enough was more than enough and bordered on lunacy. To me at any rate. Since the arrival Lampard and his team I have been attending games once again, and it is good to see the friends I had over many many seasons still full of, well, whatever it is they are usually full of. Especially that certain Thursday night when we cried like overgrown idiots, for which I am not ashamed to admit to.

I thank you for taking time out to reply, especially with such encouraging words. Thank you.

I'm not in any way nervous about the upcoming season, definitely don't think we're relegation contenders - and our squads not half as bad as some people make out.

Top 10 I reckon. Last season was a big fat Spanish waiter shaped blip.
??

Just for the sake of argument, what season did we play worse than last season? Even disregarding being in relegation position the last 2 months I cant remember the last time we looked so disjointed.

50% of our won games was because of Richarlison. He is now gone. I dont subsribe any of the we will be better than last season. With him gone it remains to be seen who steps up. Dele is good, but is he a richy replacement? I dont think so.
Probably because you only started supporting us in 2012 in our peak PL years when we finished 6th followed by 5th. If you had watched through the 90s and early 00s, or even did a bit of research, you'd know. We may have had only 39 points last season but we were comfortably 4 points safe compared to other years.

Last edited:
Probably because you only started supporting us in 2012 in our peak PL years when we finished 6th followed by 5th. If you had watched through the 90s and early 00s, or even did a bit of research, you'd know. We may have had only 39 points last season but we were comfortably 4 points safe compared to other years.
2001: Everton

Everton381110174557−1243

2022 Everton

16Everton38116214366−2339

Despite having hunderd of millions more budget, we actually lost more games in 21/22 vs our prehistoric times (21 vs 17), less points total (39 vs 45) and closer to relegation (4 vs 7 in 2001). On top of that we got more goals against last season than in 2001.

You were saying?

Face it: last season was absurdly bad. Games even the lesser Gods like relegated Burnely, Watford and even Norwich ran rings around us at times. Every game there was the inevitable collapse, Keane own goal. And the only guy who kept running, going, was Richarlison.

So you better be prepared for a more brutal season, and keep your compare-us-to-older-years quiet.

Everton381110174557−1243

2022 Everton

Despite having hunderd of millions more budget, we actually lost more games in 21/22 vs our prehistoric times (21 vs 17), less points total (39 vs 45) and closer to relegation (4 vs 7 in 2001). On top of that we got more goals against last season than in 2001.

You were saying?

Face it: last season was absurdly bad. Games even the lesser Gods like relegated Burnely, Watford and even Norwich ran rings around us at times. Every game there was the inevitable collapse, Keane own goal. And the only guy who kept running, going, was Richarlison.

So you better be prepared for a more brutal season, and keep your compare-us-to-older-years quiet.
There's a couple of seasons were we only won 9 games and had 39 and 40 points (one season we survived on the final game, joint on points with 18th). Several seasons on the bounce scraping past 40 points.

We aren't going to be worse than last season. Most of the games you mention were when Benitez was in charge. Yeah we had some bad games under Lampard, and I've already said we will have more and go on bad runs, but it's going to be nowhere like last season.

Why not try getting behind them so that it doesn't happen again instead of being constantly negative and trolling the forum.

Last edited:

Everton381110174557−1243

2022 Everton

You were saying?

we stayed up you know lad

Status
Not open for further replies.