2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
…nah, it’s good to win games. I actually fear for us at Newcastle but with that approach we have a real chance of winning games.

It’s going to be very interesting as we are used to our managers mostly coming in the summer and there can be an attitude of let’s see and a good while before you can get an idea of what difference they can make

However right now the leagues games are all quite crucial, the first on Tuesday particularly so. Does he make it a don’t lose game rather than a try to win game? ..knowing the psychological blow of losing to a team below us at this point.

…well I say interesting but knowing these players I expect it to be more worrying, annoying, depressing and infuriating, but you know what I mean

Get 4 wins and 4 draws and it’ll be enough I’m sure

I recall Frank making statements about after his sacking, that he engaged in a thorough inquest regarding his approach and tactics. I found his admission refreshing because it displays self awareness, a willingness to adapt and an ability to evolve as a manager. I'm sure that's a regular occurrence in Football except for several past managers at Everton, I can guarantee never conducted any football introspection or self assessment such as koeman, Martinez and especially the obstinate megalomaniac Benitez.

It’s going to be very interesting as we are used to our managers mostly coming in the summer and there can be an attitude of let’s see and a good while before you can get an idea of what difference they can make

However right now the leagues games are all quite crucial, the first on Tuesday particularly so. Does he make it a don’t lose game rather than a try to win game? ..knowing the psychological blow of losing to a team below us at this point.

…well I say interesting but knowing these players I expect it to be more worrying, annoying, depressing and infuriating, but you know what I mean

Get 4 wins and 4 draws and it’ll be enough I’m sure

…I suspect we will now look to take games to the opposition. I don’t think it’ll be a ‘don’t lose’ approach because that invariably results in us losing. He might be a little more circumspect but I don’t think you’ll see a big difference in approach.

Key will be possible change in personnel, more specifically will Alli/VDB start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back