2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather pay another manager millions instead of signing another player, even when facing FFP?

So the plan is to take the risk to get another manager in to coach a bunch of players he doesn't want and give that new manager nearly 0 funding because we've spent most of it on the previous manager. Instead of really, just sign 2 good attacking players.

Or the cycle of giving that new manager more funding in the next season to sign 6-8 new players, only to sack him 5 months later?
I’d rather do something to change the current evidence which is a nice bloke currently performing worse than kopite Rafael. He’s had loads of time and can’t get a tune out of these players.

He got battered twice at Bournemouth. He’s a bad manager. Yet you’d rather keep faith and watch him drive us into the championship because he makes you feel warm n fuzzy.

I’d rather do something to change the current evidence which is a nice bloke currently performing worse than kopite Rafael. He’s had loads of time and can’t get a tune out of these players.

He got battered twice at Bournemouth. He’s a bad manager. Yet you’d rather keep faith and watch him drive us into the championship because he makes you feel warm n fuzzy.

Why don`t you just give it a rest for a few weeks and enjoy the World Cup like most normal people are ?

Decent article this

Slightly worrying comments about style of play

We are not and never will be a slow possession side. We are a direct aggressive counter attack team who are 17th and need to be extremely pragmatic

Still confused what he was watching against Leicester as well. Not the same game I saw.

Slightly worrying comments about style of play

We are not and never will be a slow possession side. We are a direct aggressive counter attack team who are 17th and need to be extremely pragmatic

Still confused what he was watching against Leicester as well. Not the same game I saw.
If Frank wants us to be a slow possession side then that's up to him and the rest of the staff to recruit and coach the players in that system. At the moment we don't have the fitness, pace or players to play a direct counter attack game either though, when we do try it just turns into hoofball.

If Frank wants us to be a slow possession side then that's up to him and the rest of the staff to recruit and coach the players in that system. At the moment we don't have the fitness, pace or players to play a direct counter attack game either though, when we do try it just turns into hoofball.
I think those tactics had their day about 15 years ago. If you cant get the ball forward quickly you won't succeed in English football.

The teams who are doing well in this world cup get the ball forward at pace.

I think those tactics had their day about 15 years ago. If you cant get the ball forward quickly you won't succeed in English football.

The teams who are doing well in this world cup get the ball forward at pace.
Banging it up to a big man to 'hold the ball up' which is what half our fans seem to want is a tactic that died out 30 years ago, it's far too predictable and it's easy to play against. I agree that the best teams play forward at pace these days but it's all one touch to control and the one touch to pass, let the ball do the work. A lot of it is down to good movement and positioning allowing them to get up the pitch quickly. For me we just don't have the players, the likes of Gray just want to do their own thing all the time and you never know which Gordon is going to turn up.

From that article:

Reflecting on where Everton currently are, Lampard said: "We are much more solid defensively than what we were last year, and we are much more resilient. We are harder to play through in the middle of the park.

This man does not have a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.