2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some key players like Jeremy Goss and Ruel Fox certainly were. Walker built cleverly on those players, including Sutton who had scored only two First Division goals for the club prior to Walker's appointment. I am not here to defend Mike Walker. I'm just saying he was demonstrably successful at Norwich and had improved his club's standing in a way that, say, our current manager really wasn't and didn't before being appointed at Everton.

Well sutton was only 19. He matured just at the right time for walker.
Like i say. Great job but it all clicked. He never did anything as a manager apart from that season.
Sure he regrets not staying now.
He went from Chris Sutton to Brett Angell.

Good of you you to pick one of the three examples, but do you?

Do you think McNeill was doing all he could last night to stamp his authority or presence on the game? Or Calvert-Lewin?

If things aren’t going well on the pitch it’s up to you to try and improve things as a player, never mind the tactics. It’s called professional pride.
It's different giving 95% vs 100% (and agree they should be giving 110%) than having 'no' motivation - a good number of the comments on here are that extreme....

He is definitely right but the same fella spent about 30 million on the likes of Cenk Tosun, claimed wins that were not down to him, lied about league positions to make himself seem better and was hated by most of the fan base. Horrible man but better than Lampard to be fair.
BFS brings in horrific players, long contracts for loads of money. Sure you get to stay up but the damage it causes long term takes most teams down not long after anyway. Almost every club he saved (we are the exception) went down not long after, he is a short term repair.

Well sutton was only 19. He matured just at the right time for walker.
Like i say. Great job but it all clicked. He never did anything as a manager apart from that season.
Sure he regrets not staying now.
He went from Chris Sutton to Brett Angell.
Yes, his career history suggests that his 18 months or whatever it was he spent at Norwich - along with his stint previously at Colchester - were his highlights. A lesson to all of us that while a bit of proven success is a good thing on any CV, it probably needs to be sustained success over a period of time that is long enough to suggest consistent performance and simultaneously short enough to suggest the manager is still hungry, fresh, and on the up.

BFS brings in horrific players, long contracts for loads of money. Sure you get to stay up but the damage it causes long term takes most teams down not long after anyway. Almost every club he saved (we are the exception) went down not long after, he is a short term repair.
Spot on.

No

I think it includes that nonsense 40m for Alli thing that certain media outlets are obsessed with

Lampard clearly also didn't sign Alli in the first 2 hours he was manager
It's definitely not including Alli at £40m but i'm not quite sure of how they're getting that figure. Rough estimates of £15m for Maupay, £20m for McNeil, £35m for Onana, £10m for Garner, £2m for Gueye for me. Maybe including supposed loan fees for others.

1672831739070.webp

It's different giving 95% vs 100% (and agree they should be giving 110%) than having 'no' motivation - a good number of the comments on here are that extreme....
Mate the person in your name wasn’t the best player I’ve ever seen in an Everton shirt, but he was motivated to give 100% every game, if he or the team was playing bad or not.

That’s all you can ask, and for me, certain players aren’t doing that in this squad and that’s unforgivable.

That’s despite the poor tactics from the manager, and the boardroom amateur dramatics who run the club.

Mate the person in your name wasn’t the best player I’ve ever seen in an Everton shirt, but he was motivated to give 100% every game, if he or the team was playing bad or not.

That’s all you can ask, and for me, certain players aren’t doing that in this squad and that’s unforgivable.

That’s despite the poor tactics from the manager, and the boardroom amateur dramatics who run the club.
I agree to expect the effort to be there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back