2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lampard quits he’ll not manage a top division side for a long, long time. Maybe never again.
Who/when was the last premier league manager that quit his job just because he felt the club didn't support him enough (or for any other reason)??

Will there be a press conference today about tomorrow's game or early cup rounds we don't do pre-match press conferences?

We have played 3 games talk of sacking the manager is ridiculous.
Moshiri said wait until the end of the window before judging transfers seemingly happy to write off 4/5 games.
Selling Richie and possibly Gordon is not down to Lampard it rests entirely on the incompetents running the club.
I do believe that the team is looking more solid and with a couple more of the right signings can start to climb the table.
This will be a strange season for managers as with the world cup break it gives chairmen the ideal opportunity to make changes if necessary.
I for one hope Frank is still in charge at the end of the season and feel that finishing anywhere between 8th and 14th can be seen as acceptable this year.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter which manager is in charge, if you don't spend after a relgatation battle and sell your best goal scorer, then we are screwed. We are getting relegated with this squad. It's not good enough
this! We've tried everything from firefighters, up and coming young managers and legends of the game and none of them have managed to achieve anything of note. The squad isn't fit for purpose and unless a manager is given the time to get through this period then we'll just keep going around in circles.
Lampard is being hung out to dry at the moment... it's not even like he needs to be massively backed, he just needs the basics like strikers. How are we expected to win games when there absolutely no goals in this side.
The players who have been here for years, rapidly lower the standards of our club, taking insane wages and giving nothing back.... they get my anger.
Lampard, I'll judge him after he's been given the tools to do the job. Till then, he's just another scapegoat the Board throw out there to take the heat for them.

this! We've tried everything from firefighters, up and coming young managers and legends of the game and none of them have managed to achieve anything of note. The squad isn't fit for purpose and unless a manager is given the time to get through this period then we'll just keep going around in circles.
Lampard is being hung out to dry at the moment... it's not even like he needs to be massively backed, he just needs the basics like strikers. How are we expected to win games when there absolutely no goals in this side.
The players who have been here for years, rapidly lower the standards of our club, taking insane wages and giving nothing back.... they get my anger.
Lampard, I'll judge him after he's been given the tools to do the job. Till then, he's just another scapegoat the Board throw out there to take the heat for them.

I'm shocked at the fans who are blaming another manager again. The board are too blame. Clubs on our level are buying and improving. We are in trouble if we don't buy.

We have played 3 games talk of sacking the manager is ridiculous.
Moshiri said wait until the end of the window before judging transfers seemingly happy to write off 4/5 games.
Selling Richie and possibly Gordon is not down to Lampard it rests entirely on the incompetents running the club.
I do believe that the team is looking more solid and with a couple more of the right signings can start to climb the table.
This will be a strange season for managers as with the world cup break it gives chairmen the ideal opportunity to make changes if necessary.
I for one hope Frank is still in charge at the end of the season and feel that finishing anywhere between 8th and 14th can be seen as acceptable this year.
8th? Tad optimistic mate.

The nature of the job is you generally only get a chance because a club is underperforming. It then takes time to improve (unless at a club that can throw silly money and has the kudos to attract the best). This is the low point, I think Frank will get that and it is about getting over it and improving.

All new managers have to do that, it is just relative - for some clubs getting relegated is a low point and the aim is then promotion back (see Norwich, West Bromley, Fulham et al), for some it is 'only' finishing 6th (see Chelsea, Man utd et al), and for some it is being bottom half and flirting with relegation (see Everton, Wolves, villa etc). It will take this season and probably next to get back to being a 'good' team and there is no short-cutting that so I can't see the manager walking out or being sacked in all but the most extreme of circumstances. We need stability, and the manager needs a stint at a club to repair his cv.

Who/when was the last premier league manager that quit his job just because he felt the club didn't support him enough (or for any other reason)??

Probably not the last one but Martin O'Neill quit Villa cause he wasn't being backed.

He won't quit and I don't know why people seriously think he would

Can't see him stepping aside at all, dont think he would walk from the job which will be his biggest test and club he would get for a long while.

I do worry for Frank though I have to say, he is being badly let down by the club and their inability to do any type of dealing - but bigger managers have been cut for less, he needs to work through some of this mess (some of it he has created) and start getting more of a tune.

His subs need massively improving in time and sheer planning.

The clubs apparent stance on waiting until the very last minute for Broja if everything is to be believed is going to completely unravel our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.