2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m afraid I disagree. FL was clearly involved in bringing those players to the club. It didn’t happen behind his back. He is responsible for the highs and the lows.

Mykolenko has got better, Iwobi has got better and Mykolenko has got better.

It’s no surprise to me that the attack has regressed when Richarlison was sold. I’m viewing this as a process that will take a few seasons. The team really was bad enough to go down last year and as long as I see improvement I will back the manager.

We have done FAR FAR to much chopping and changing of managers. We need some stability. Frank has had nine months in charge. Give him a chance.

This is the problem with the D.o.F role. Managers getting praise / criticism (depending on which version of the stupid role you believe Thelwell inhabits) for signings. As far as I was aware, the buck stops with KT.
Arguing over whether Myko has gone from below average to average doesn't interest me, some fans like him, I think he is stealing a living.
As for the last bit, it's nonsense. You only chop when the manager fails, the correct answer is employ a competent manager then you do not have to change, FL is not that man

This is the problem with the D.o.F role. Managers getting praise / criticism (depending on which version of the stupid role you believe Thelwell inhabits) for signings. As far as I was aware, the buck stops with KT.
Arguing over whether Myko has gone from below average to average doesn't interest me, some fans like him, I think he is stealing a living.
As for the last bit, it's nonsense. You only chop when the manager fails, the correct answer is employ a competent manager then you do not have to change, FL is not that man
The manager and DoF roles go hand in hand. The manager lives and dies by the quality of the signings.

Our record of picking managers since Moyes left has been dreadful.

Our record of signings since creating the DoF role has also been rank.

For tge first time in ages, we seem to have a manager and DoF that can work together. We now need to see what stability can bring us. FL is starting with the club at an incredible low point. It’s goingvto take time to rebuild from the bottom up.

When he came, te team was broken, the fanbase was shattered and the academy broken. I see progress on all those fronts.

The manager and DoF roles go hand in hand. The manager lives and dies by the quality of the signings.

Our record of picking managers since Moyes left has been dreadful.

Our record of signings since creating the DoF role has also been rank.

For tge first time in ages, we seem to have a manager and DoF that can work together. We now need to see what stability can bring us. FL is starting with the club at an incredible low point. It’s goingvto take time to rebuild from the bottom up.

When he came, te team was broken, the fanbase was shattered and the academy broken. I see progress on all those fronts.
Exactly right. Very sensible post. We were at the brink of relegation, it's going to take time to rebuild and become competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.