2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 1 point more last season but behind Rafael run rate this season by some 4 points, to get back on track Lampard needs 5 points form Wolves and City... If we are below the run rate all season we will be going down, dont forget we stayed up by 3 points last seasona nd we are 4 points behind target.
I've been pointing out this run rate all season, it's part of basic maths but some don't get it.
Not just a worse run rate, we also sat 12th, were now 17th.

Spanish master... ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

He has had 17 already...

Last season Rafael 5 wins in 19 games (19 points) v Lampard 6 wins in 19 games (20 points).

Its like comparing ? but after all is said and done they are both ?.

Got 1 point more last season but behind Rafael run rate this season by some 4 points, to get back on track Lampard needs 5 points form Wolves and City... If we are below the run rate all season we will be going down, dont forget we stayed up by 3 points last seasona nd we are 4 points behind target.

So he's currently 5 points behind the Spanish Masters tally...and has 5 games left.

Telling me theres not enough time to let him get there/do better...and get some one in if he doesn't?

I think there are quite a few parallels here from when Arteta took over at arsenal

They were awful at the start and were down at the bottom for a while, but he was given time to build, to get his players in and look at them now.

We should be doing the same with Frank, give him time, not this kneejerk call to rip everything up again and start anew for the I don't know how many times it is now.

What do you mean they haven't scored since pre-season?

At the moment he's getting loads of things wrong.
I mean they didn't score in the preseason and continue to not score. There are just no finishers on the team and no midfield talent that can get the ball into an easy tap-in position. They also don't get PKs which is a further sign of no penetration with the ball near the goal.

It's a whole new team that he'll have to figure out to get a consistent tune out of.

Garner should be playing and McNeil IMO was brought in to hit Dom with crosses. Both are still under 23 years old, same with Onana, so it's buying at the right end with lots of room to improve. It's a time thing.

Maupay is a weird buy because he's not been played to his strengths.

Regardless of their form etc they're still an upgrade from a midfield of Davies, Gomes, Allan, Doucoure that we've had for almost 3 seasons.
I dont think time is a factor. I think the problem is they are not good top flight football players

We needed quality not depth. We instead tried to go for depth for some unknown reason and dont even have good options.

Mcneil and Maupay to replace Richarlison is a recipe for relegation. If it was Thelwell's plan then he should be sacked before he is allowed another window because we cant get it wrong again.

Changing him won't make any difference it's the players on the pitch that need changing. Apart from Pickford, Tarkowski and Coady every other player in the squad at the moment are doing nothing and we all know that half of them need to be gone . Too many of them have had an easy time playing for us it's time they learnt that the party's over and got out of our club

So he's currently 5 points behind the Spanish Masters tally...and has 5 games left.

Telling me theres not enough time to let him get there/do better...and get some one in if he doesn't?
In the league he has 2 games to get 5 points to get back to the same level as the Spanish Master, those 2 games are Wolves H and City A....

I dont think time is a factor. I think the problem is they are not good top flight football players

We needed quality not depth. We instead tried to go for depth for some unknown reason and dont even have good options.

Mcneil and Maupay to replace Richarlison is a recipe for relegation. If it was Thelwell's plan then he should be sacked before he is allowed another window because we cant get it wrong again.

Don't think it ever was to replace Richarlison. Think they felt Gordon and Gray would offer more and Dom wouldn't be broken.

The players we had bids rejected for were for pacey trickier wingers similar to Richy. The only striker we'd looked at was Dennis from Watford and rumours for Che Adams...so theres your budget for a striker they played with.

It's not worked and you'd think if they didn't sort it in January, it'll be very tough.

The majority of the money went to the midfield. Maybe we should've just pumped £30mill on a striker and kept Simms/Dobbin etc to fill. But it's all hindsight isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.