2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite obvious Broja is our key target for the remainder of this window reading through the lines from Frank.

Somehow Thelwell and Moshiri will get the blame for that.

Its clear Frankel rates Broja highly and if thats the player he really wants then you can have no complaints about the hold up signing a striker when the alternative is buying a striker over the managers heed who he may not want.

His job in this presser is to avoid giving out information to people whose job is to extract it from him. They want to know things like: is Gordon leaving, is Onana starting, and whether Allan is starting. He can tell them that Allan is fit. I think he hinted that he doesn't plan to start Onana, but that could be a smokescreen.

A press conference like this one is like playing chess while behind and trying to salvage a draw from the mess. The best outcome is not giving a pack of ravening journalists what they want, which is a story that advances their career by generating a bunch of clicks. There were rather more land mines on offer today than usual, and you're never going to see a grandmaster look like they're enjoying searching for the one line that forces exchanges down to a known drawn endgame.

I think people are reading too much into that one. I think it was simply an admission that he knows he works for the most ruthless owner in the Prem when it comes to manager changes, now that Abramovich is gone.

I think it was more a case of things change very quickly in football, so he's not going to say any definates that are beyond his control

I think people are reading too much into that one. I think it was simply an admission that he knows he works for the most ruthless owner in the Prem when it comes to manager changes, now that Abramovich is gone.
Yeah I took it that way too, It could be taken either way mind...I just don't see Frank leaving especially as there doesnt appear to be any other big jobs being offered at the minute.

Utterly frustrating listening to that press conference. No rush on a striker? Really? Relying on a cripple upfront and rondon who’s not even championship standard. We survived relegation by the skin of our teeth ffs. Rondon and dcl is the worst strike force out there and that’s before injuries.

Frank spends the entire press conference not answering any questions - awful.

Utterly frustrating listening to that press conference. No rush on a striker? Really? Relying on a cripple upfront and rondon who’s not even championship standard. We survived relegation by the skin of our teeth ffs. Rondon and dcl is the worst strike force out there and that’s before injuries.

I dont get that from the interview at all. I sense utter frustration. Transfers must be dependent on movement elsewhere or internally getting players out. We aren’t able to shop with cash

Any journo with half a brain cell which excludes most of them would have asked ‘are you close to signing a striker?’ Not these numpties

That's how press conferences work. One of the great pieces of satire on the subject, which many of you probably haven't seen:

Status
Not open for further replies.