From Blue to Green

IrishBlue2022

Player Valuation: £20m
I've been thinking about how we as a club can help meet the 2050 target for net zero. Should we be more green as a club?

For example Forest Green Rovers plans for a new stadium seem to be a step in the right direction. Link below:

Have we missed a trick with BMD to set another club first in terms of being green?

What else can we do to be more environmentally friendy? It may be the time for more drastic measures.

Some suggestions:

Recycling all players shirts to be reused for the next year.

Operate a bring your own reusable plastic cup policy for pints.

Request to only play daytime fixtures to reduce the need for floodlights.

Do away with player car parks and allocate bike stands only to encourage them to cycle to and from training and the stadium and allow extra days off for the longer away trip cycles.

Any other suggestions?

I've been thinking about how we as a club can help meet the 2050 target for net zero. Should we be more green as a club?

For example Forest Green Rovers plans for a new stadium seem to be a step in the right direction. Link below:

Have we missed a trick with BMD to set another club first in terms of being green?

What else can we do to be more environmentally friendy? It may be the time for more drastic measures.

Some suggestions:

Do away with player car parks and allocate bike stands only to encourage them to cycle to and from training and the stadium and allow extra days off for the longer away trip cycles.

Any other suggestions?
I did enjoy that one. Sticking them on bikes all the way down to Southampton

Some suggestions:

Any other suggestions?
I find it abhorrent that clubs fly to domestic fixtures.

Some suggestions:

Any other suggestions?
Well, the fans want us to recycle managers.

Meet the new manager, David Moyes. Same as the old manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back