G.O.T. Fantasy Premier League 24/25

1723836268153.png

Overall went for flexibility: Can go 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, depending on the fixtures, idea is to not get set to rigid and be flexible enough to save some transfers - test drive the new rules, hopefully I also have five starting defenders.

Thinking is as follows:

Keepers: Actually wanted Pope but maxed out on Newcastle, may flip in the next few weeks depending how we and Newcastle get on.

Defenders: The toughest position to get points in and last season was an absolute low, see it only getting worse with the change in bonus points - so the only big investment is in Gvardiol, bit of a leap of faith as I don’t trust Pep - but that 6 mill slot is flexible and he has a high upside if it goes well and plays further forward. The rest are all 4.5 mill fullbacks or lower, AWB was 140 point full back at Palace - I’ll take a chance on that at WHU, Myko is a good steady base pick and we’re good for a clean sheet, Barco is very attacking full back who had a great preseason and with injuries should start for Brighton and may claim a long term place, Burn is there for fixtures, actually wanted Davies at Ipswich, but he’s a wait given their fixtures. See value in the 4.5 mill defenders and the money is gone up the pitch.

Midfielders - again went for value - who is going to be the Palmer or Gordon of this season - backing ESR and Mintah, both rotate really well and look absolute value to me - punts of course - but trusting the instincts - also think the 7.5 mill category is undervalued - see myself moving through Jota, Gordon, Bowen and Maddison depending on fixtures and form - see all four of them doing well and are undervalued in my opinion so I was keen to have that 7.5mill price point backboning the midfield, Jota and Gordon get in at the mo on fixtures. Palmer gets in over Saka and Foden - don’t trust Pep, Saka I just couldn’t stretch to, he will come in at some stage. Palmer in my opinion is a generational talent, so he’s my premium.

Forwards: Haaland is a boring pick, but a safety captain pick most weeks, that’s key to the game. Isak - when fit is supreme, once he is I want him. Solanke, I’ll take the punt, he fits the squad structure, presume he will get a lot of chances under Ange - prob be on penalties and has a fair chance of matching last season - Spurs score goals, if that happens 7.5 mill is value - if not he’s a cash cow and I’ll downgrade him and bring Saka in.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back