GAA 2024

Brilliant match so far. Hope you're watching @summerisle !!

0-4 to 0-3 for Cork after 7 minutes.

To those unfamiliar with scoring, a goal is worth 3 points, over the bar is 1 point.

35 minutes each half, 15 a side , no one dives or feigns injury. If a player stays down it's because he can't get up !!

They are completely amateur and receive only minimal expenses for travel to training etc.

Best sport in the world and I never played it.

Cork now 1-7 (10 PTS) to 0-3 while I was typing, with 12 minutes gone.

Some difference between this and watching most of the Euros paint drying standard of excitement. :+😁

Brilliant match so far. Hope you're watching @summerisle !!

0-4 to 0-3 for Cork after 7 minutes.

To those unfamiliar with scoring, a goal is worth 3 points, over the bar is 1 point.

35 minutes each half, 15 a side , no one dives or feigns injury. If a player stays down it's because he can't get up !!

They are completely amateur and receive only minimal expenses for travel to training etc.

Best sport in the world and I never played it.

Cork now 1-7 (10 PTS) to 0-3 while I was typing, with 12 minutes gone.

Some difference between this and watching most of the Euros paint drying standard of excitement. :+😁
*guiltily turns it on. :lol:

Getting into this but its either my eyes or impossible to track the ball on these long range efforts.
It is the fastest field game in e world. Helmet protection only became compulsory in the 90s

Worth checking old footage of the great Christy Ring of Cork or the Tipperary back three of the 50s who were nicknamed 'Hell,'s Kitchen' and see how tough they were back then. Playing on with heads covered in blood - no problem! 😄

It is the fastest field game in e world. Helmet protection only became compulsory in the 90s

Worth checking old footage of the great Christy Ring of Cork or the Tipperary back three of the 50s who were nicknamed 'Hell,'s Kitchen' and see how tough they were back then. Playing on with heads covered in blood - no problem! 😄

On one of them i thought i was tracking the ball against the backdrop of the crowd. Turned out i was tracking a pigeon/bird.
Great game though. Gotta be superfit to play this.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back